Popular names when you were growing up..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LilyBlue Posts: 279
While we are on the subject of names, what names were popular when you were growing up? My DH was christened John Paul with a really common surname. He had 6 John Paul’s in his class and 3 of them had the same surname as DH, confusing for the teacher I’d say! Needless to say he was born around the time of the Popes visit to Ireland! I think these names were very popular in our area when I was growing up Sarah Ciara Audrey Jennifer Linda Amanda Lisa Anthony William Alan Christopher Robert Shane David Edited to add Lisa
twinklegirl Posts: 716
When I was growing up these names were very common in the classroom. For Girls Elaine Sharon Caroline Laura For boys Michael Anthony John Paul
whackywoman Posts: 1496
for me this probably shows my age!!: girls: Mary Ann Margaret Sinead Susan/Suzy/Suzanne Boys: Paul Sean/John Michael
justme Posts: 1700
Girls Fiona Ciara Aisling Susan Boys Darren John Paul David Paul
weektee Posts: 468
i grew up in scotland so im sure they may be different... girls - Kirsten, Jennifer, Nicole, Elaine and Emma. boys - David, Craig, John, Euan and Gary. Looking at that now, I don't know many people here with any of those names. That may just be me though! xx
under construction Posts: 3458
Girls Susan Jennifer Carol Boys Michael John Paul Gerard
fantac Posts: 4109
we had 3 jennifers and 4 jonathans in our year at school.........
Bubba Bump Posts: 348
There were six Sarah's and four Emma's in my class O:| Girls Sarah Emma Caroline Jennifer Boys John Paul David James Mark
theoracle Posts: 7664
Coming from another country the names are different, but here we go: Girls: Renata Anita Stella Nives Ursula Boys: Goran (pronounced Gho-ran) Tom David Uwe
agie Posts: 1107
we had 3 Sarah's and 3 Yvonnes in my class in primary. as for boys think Paul was the most popular