Pork Mince, Any Idea's????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Morning all, DH went food shopping at the weekend and thought he was picking up minced beef but picked up pork mince, Ive never cooked this before and Im just wondering if any of you have any dinner ideas for me????? Thanks, Mrs S :thnk
ninja next Posts: 1548
Hi, i often use pork mince to make spag bol & it's delish or meatballs in a tomatoe sause.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
My Mam has got it a few times and just uses it the exact same way that she would use beef mince, spag bol, shepard's pie etc...
cats pyjamas Posts: 76
I love Greek food. Try this, its easy and quick : Keftathakia You need half a kilo of minced beef or pork , breadcrumbs, 1 x onion, 2-3 bits of garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper , 1 x egg. Basically mix all the above together so that they are firm enough to shape into balls- the size should be bigger than a 2 euro coin but small enough to put in your mouth whole. Add more oil if necessary. the breadcrumbs should be about half as much as the meat. Heat the oil and roll the balls in flour. Put them in the pan and turn about halfway through cooking. They should cook quickly enough but make sure they are cooked all the way through. Serve with pita bread and tzatziki!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Thanks girls, I thought I could use it just as normal just wasnt sure. CP, they sound delish think i'll give them a go :thnk :thnk