Menu

positive result last night. what next?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boneym Posts: 11
So i got a positive result last night. was not expecting it , was trying for 6 months but thought i had missed my fertile time last month. seems i didnt ! so i have made an apt with doc tomorrow morning. when do i register with hospital?. does doc do all that for me.? anyone recommend a consultant in Tralee. any idea when my first scan will be? also was looking for the previous post of what food to avoid and cant seem to find it. could someone direct me to it was awake all night going through everything. delighted but scared too
bellabella Posts: 2750
Congrats thats great news.I hope you have a happy and healthy nine months. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :wv :wv :wv
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
many congrats to you and hubby happy 9 months
Ducky Posts: 2506
Fantastic news! Book to see your GP asap, they will explain what happens next. Good to have some idea if you want to go private or public andask friends for recommendations for consultants. As for foods to avoid, these are the main ones: Alcohol Pate (anything with liver) Shellfish Unpasturised dairy products Soft cheeses Anything with raw egg (ie homemade mayo, although shop bought is fine) Undercooked meat Tea, coffee, cola Raw fish I'm sure there are others, but they are just the main ones...
mrs bwin Posts: 242
Congrats on your news. It's great hearing people are getting BFP greta news gives the rest of us hope :lol:
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
congrats best of luck over the next 9 months :D
John Walsh Guitar
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Brilliant news congrats to you and hubby and heres to a happy and healthy pregnancy !
SoExcited Posts: 204
Congradulations boneym! That is fastastic news! As Ducky said, get your appointment with your GP, and they will explain alot to you. After my visit to my GP, I decided to go private and then decided on one particular consultant and rang them to ask for an appointment. I'll be having my first scan at 12 weeks. There are a few posts on here and on magicmum that go through private versus public which might help you out a bit. Congrads again and don't worry, your GP will be able to answer all your questions. SoExcited. xxx
miss sixty Posts: 467
Well again another congrats goes out to a member of the TTC gang!!!!!!!!! Wishing you a fab 9 months!Xxx
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Congrats - that's great news!! As regards gp and hospital, go to your gp asap. It would help if you had an idea of whether you want to go private or public. Private consultants tend to book up really quickly, so the sooner you can book him/her the better. Also, if seeing a consultant only (no GP visits), you could just contact the hospital yourself and book in, no need to see GP. You could have your first scan at any stage. I booked in at around 5 weeks, and was given 1st appt at 9 weeks. Was told it would depend on the day how busy it was, whether I would get a scan or not. And if I didn't get one, it would be just the 20 week scan. Luckily, I was given a scan at 1st visit, and then just the 20 week after that. There are different waiting times in different areas so you'd need to find out from your hospital. Best of luck ;)