possibly a stupid question on childcare

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
If you put a child into a creche you pay about 200 a week. If you have three kids does that mean you pay 600 a week??!!! IF so how is everyone surviving??!!!
charli Posts: 5994
that's the case in my creche! (that's why i am waiting until little miss is nearly off to school to have my 2nd) the way of the modern world, i'm afraid!
Oh my god :cry:
Sart Posts: 441
its €300 a week per child in our local creche...... €1200 a month.....
OHMIGOD Guest!!!!!! :shock:
How much does it cost to pay someone to come in and mind your children in your own home??!! My god at this rate we can only afford one child and we wanted about 6!!! Im so upset this morning since I have realised this
it's defo cheaper but i have no clue of the amount - i have to say in my case the creche is worth every penny (€135 p/w) as she gets sooo much from it - my plan (though who knows) is to get PG when she is about 3 1/2 so my the time i go on maternity leave (taking the max time) i can be at home with her and send her off to school, then new baby into creche - it's very sad that it has to organised that way, but that's life in saying that i am not ready for a baby this year anyway, with the wedding etc, if i was mad for a baby which would require 2 in a creche i think one of us would take a career break and stay at home
Sart Posts: 441
[quote:3b4xpgav]OHMIGOD Guest!!!!!! :shock:[/quote:3b4xpgav] I know, thank god for fexible hours in work........
I rang H2B to tell him the prices that you girls ae telling me and he is as stunned as I am. God this is all so unfair. I earn more money than him but he has the option of overtime. It's hard to know what to so - but it looks like I'll have to give up work and it will be a big struggle - after mortgage on 2B money we will 1000 a month to live on - jesus Im in panic mode here
Fiona13 Posts: 1366
we pay €95 a week for our son to go to creche 5 afternoons a week, i stay at home in the morning & work in the evenings..