Possibly pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

All Nighty Posts: 79
Good morning wollies, am posting this at the ungodly hour of 5am - work in three hours - eek! - and am signed in under a different name than usual, probably for obvious reasons! Just looking for some advice cos I'm going crazy on my own not being able to say anything to anyone but OH. We've been TTC since we got married recently enough and my most recent period was 14 days ago. Since Monday though I've been feeling awful. On Monday morning I got up feeling bad and threw up about an hour later, which I haven't done in years. I felt better afterwards but about an hour later got a nagging pain in my left side, which I still have three days on. Then I couldn't sleep at all on Monday night and again tonight. Tonight I was boiling up in bed but even with the covers off I wasn't able to get anyway sleepy and I've just given up now and thought posting it here might help a bit. From what I've seen online I know these could be early signs of pregnancy but to be honest I think the internet can be a bit unreliable in these situations and I'd love to know if anyone experienced anything similar. I'm also now really worried that not sleeping would be detrimental if I am pregant - aaaagh! Many thanks for any advice :)
Reston Posts: 1321
It could be your appendix. Pain in the left side and temperature are indicative of it so just keep an eye. If the pain gets worse go see your doc. On the other hand it could be a sign of pregnancy!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
If your period was only 14 days ago then it's very unlikely that you are pregnant- unless it wasn't actually your period. Was it a heavy bleed? Anyway- the only way to know for sure is to test. Best of luck.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
Seems a bit early in your cycle, it could be signs that its around your OV date Some people have loads of symptoms, some people have none. Only way to know is to take a test Good luck, hope its good news
expecting no3 Posts: 623
[quote="Reston":knfqj3g0]It could be your appendix. Pain in the left side and temperature are indicative of it so just keep an eye. If the pain gets worse go see your doc. On the other hand it could be a sign of pregnancy![/quote:knfqj3g0] Appendix are on the right side
Lureal Posts: 455
Yes appendix on right but it always starts with left sided pain.
Lureal Posts: 455
With your period 14 days ago I would imagine its too early for pregnancy. Perhaps ovulation. Only way to know is do a test.
Had appendix out :) Can't do test until six days before period so really just wondering if anyone had those symptoms around the time of implantation. Thanks though!
Poppyseed Posts: 513
Hi all nighty, How long is your cycle usually? Typically speaking if you have a 28 day cycle you ovulate around day 14, if you have a shorter cycle it happens sooner. In any case, pregnancy symptoms usually only start after implantation which occurs 7-10 days after ovulation so in around day 21-24 in a 28 day cycle. I have no advice to offer really to only sit tight and wait for another 10 days or so to test! Try not to pimp too much (pot kettle black, I was a total pimpaholic ;o) :eek ). Best of luck :babydust:
Sorry, I'm such an eejit, it was 19 days ago, not 14!