Post Holiday Cravings

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
What home comforts and what foods/drinks do you crave when you are nearing the end of a holiday? :wv
Tragen Posts: 370
A cup of tea that tastes like it should! :o0
lcarrick Posts: 1639
yeah a good cuppa tea and any of my mammys dinners :)
kittycatt24 Posts: 1322
Barrys tea
Jawl Posts: 8881
*) A decent nights sleep in MY own freshly made up bed. Doesn't matter what time my flight is, I ALWAYS change the linin before I leave so we can come home and get straight into bed. This year my flight gets in at 11.30pm. So it literally will be straight into bed :zzzz: *) Brush my teeth!! Not sure what it is about the water abroad, but I never feel my teeth are that scrubbed *) My mammy's roast dinner :lvs *) And my customary first meal when I get home. Chips, curry & batter sausage from my fave chipper :lvs
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
Oh definitely our own bed! Even if the bed is ok on the holiday, ours is just heaven, so it's never as good. Other than that to cuddle all the cats and dogs and make sure they are all ok.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Simple.... my own bed!
nelswife Posts: 3869
for me i always cant wait to get home to see my dog!... :-8 :-8 ..he is part of the family so o i love coming through the door and him running to us wagging his tail all excited to see us home chipper chips batch bread superquinn sauasages love coming home to a "clean bed" in that i mean just before i leave for the airport i always change the sheets on the bed so they are lovely and fresh when i get home
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
An Irish Fry! you cant beat Irish rashers, sausages, brown bread and tea! And to see my dog!
EireScot Posts: 100
My bed always! and crisps crisps crisps! they never have 'proper' crisps where we go!! as soon as I get to Dublin I buy king cheese and onion! also like our chinese meal when we home. crispy chicken salt and chilli, chicken curry, yum! Like you Jawl, brushing my teeth too, I always feel weird with 'foreign' water :o0 and just like being in my own bathroom with all my own things around me..