Post Holiday Cravings - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
[quote="EireScot":22yty143]My bed always! and crisps crisps crisps! they never have 'proper' crisps where we go!! as soon as I get to Dublin I buy king cheese and onion! also like our chinese meal when we home. crispy chicken salt and chilli, chicken curry, yum! Like you Jawl, brushing my teeth too, I always feel weird with 'foreign' water :o0 and just like being in my own bathroom with all my own things around me..[/quote:22yty143] You know what I think it is?? I always use antiseptic mouthwash, and I always forget to bring it on hols and I just never feel as clean or fresh. I should just bring it. Problem solved :o0
I'll tell you another weird one!! Maybe it's to do with all the drink consumed on holidays, but every few days I love a McDonalds or a Burger King, whatever is available at the destination. Sometimes I need sustinence but don't have the mind for a big dinner, especially in the heat. So a burger and fries satisfies the need in me. Mr. Jawl doesn't consider that a meal :o0 And he'd be right, but you know what it's like in the heat. You know when you get to the airport, most airports have a burger king and not much else foodwise (to me anyhow!), so I always make a bee line for the Burger King, it's one of the better things about the journey home! :o0
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
The dogs. I got hubby to ring home on honeymoon to see how they were. Of course they were fine and when we did arrive home I was a bit disappointed with the lack of welcome from them.. They were out playing and I get more jumps and waggy tails when I come home from a day in town!!
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
[quote="Jawl":18hua77t]I'll tell you another weird one!! Maybe it's to do with all the drink consumed on holidays, but every few days I love a McDonalds or a Burger King, whatever is available at the destination. Sometimes I need sustinence but don't have the mind for a big dinner, especially in the heat. So a burger and fries satisfies the need in me. Mr. Jawl doesn't consider that a meal :o0 And he'd be right, but you know what it's like in the heat. You know when you get to the airport, most airports have a burger king and not much else foodwise (to me anyhow!), so I always make a bee line for the Burger King, it's one of the better things about the journey home! :o0[/quote:18hua77t] I dont really eat McDonalds at home but no matter what country we go to my OH has to go to McDonalds. Im not sure if he is searching for one that doesnt taste the same as the rest but its one thing he has to do on holiday!
[quote="Miss Ted":32szscpo][quote="Jawl":32szscpo]I'll tell you another weird one!! Maybe it's to do with all the drink consumed on holidays, but every few days I love a McDonalds or a Burger King, whatever is available at the destination. Sometimes I need sustinence but don't have the mind for a big dinner, especially in the heat. So a burger and fries satisfies the need in me. Mr. Jawl doesn't consider that a meal :o0 And he'd be right, but you know what it's like in the heat. You know when you get to the airport, most airports have a burger king and not much else foodwise (to me anyhow!), so I always make a bee line for the Burger King, it's one of the better things about the journey home! :o0[/quote:32szscpo] I dont really eat McDonalds at home but no matter what country we go to my OH has to go to McDonalds. Im not sure if he is searching for one that doesnt taste the same as the rest but its one thing he has to do on holiday![/quote:32szscpo] I think it's because it's a familiarity thing! :o0 Last year we arrived to our hotel at 10.30pm, by the time we found our rooms, dropped our bags off and freshened up, we decided to just have a few drinks in the hotel bar. It didn't appear that there was much around our hotel, at least in the dark. And the hotel had finished doing food, so we attacked the vending machine for crisps and chocolate. Next morning Mr. Jawl and I went for a walk along the promenade and there right next door to our hotel, but up a bit was a Golden Arches! :o0 I swear you could hear the 'Hallelujah' moment when I saw it :o0 Of course I had to run up and have a double cheeseburger, fries and coke!
nelswife Posts: 3869
[quote="EireScot":1r0jzyur]crisps crisps crisps! they never have 'proper' crisps where we go!! as soon as I get to Dublin I buy king cheese and onion! also like our chinese meal when we home...[/quote:1r0jzyur] I always pack a 6 pack of either king or tayto in my suitcase, also pack some teabags and coffee!!
When I was younger I used to bring Tayto, and Barry's Tea with me. I remember 16 years ago going on hols to Turkey and myself and my friend had dairy gold butter and Taytos. We met these 3 girls from Dublin in the same hotel as us. We were all sitting around the pool one day relaxing and chatting. The girls had only 2 days left and were salivitating about the first thing they were going to eat/drink when they got home. One of the girls commented that the bread in Turkey was to die for and all it was short was a tub of Dairy Gold and a 6 pack of cheese n onion Tayto! My pal disappeared, came back with a ton of bread buttered with Dairygold on a big plate and a 6 pack of Tayto from our apartment. OMG, you should have seen the other girsl faces, it was like a miracle from God had suddenly appeared on their Turkish sunbeds :o0
nelswife Posts: 3869
I love crisp sandwiches!!...i would love one now actually!!
[quote="nelswife":2nyb2h8d]I love crisp sandwiches!!...i would love one now actually!![/quote:2nyb2h8d] Me too, but I can't :o0 :weep :o0 :weep Actually, I don't eat tayto sandwiches often enough for how much I love them. But they're a staple on hols :o0