Posting Invites + RSVP date - help!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

EilBla Posts: 110
Just going over some things here and wondering about times/dates for posting invites. I was thinking about posting on the 21st of May - wedding on the 20th of July so that's 8weeks prior and then for the RSVP date the 1st of July 3 weeks before, is that the norm? The wedding is on a Friday so thinking the more time the better..
highbeam Posts: 2578
I think that sounds about right. I know some people have put the rsvp 4 weeks before but I think we will go for 3 weeks too.
peony2012 Posts: 76
Hi Eilbla, I am a Friday July bride too the week before your wedding. We've decided to send ours earlier than May prob last week in April because I'm conscious it is summer holiday season and people may need to book day earlier from work. We are having a rsvp date of 13th June that's roughly 4 weeks before wedding, and it give people 8 weeks to book time and budget etc!
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
I plan on starting to distribute mine around 10 or 11 weeks before (not posting all of them) and the RSVP date on the invites is 4 weeks before. If you have the invites ready earlier I don’t see the point in waiting the usual 8 weeks to send them. when I am going to a wedding the more notice the better imo!
atina Posts: 2240
our rsvp date is four weeks till the date of wedding
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
[quote="atina":1evmfnt4]our rsvp date is four weeks till the date of wedding[/quote:1evmfnt4] ^^ same with us.
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
What RSVP date would you go with for a wedding on 29th of the month?
FinallyMrsM Posts: 899
Our RSVP is 20 days before the wedding. It'll be stress I know but I don't want to send my invites out of the August bank holiday in case people forget they got them :-8
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
[quote="HellsBelles":3jroxbd6]Our RSVP is 20 days before the wedding. It'll be stress I know but I don't want to send my invites out of the August bank holiday in case people forget they got them :-8[/quote:3jroxbd6] Same as!
amthee Posts: 688
I think I will have our rsvp date as four or five weeks before the date we get married. That's allowing time for those who never send things back by the date. A seating plan is the last thing I want to be doing the week of or before our wedding.