Posting on "opinion" threads?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
When you see a post asking for your opinion on it, Do you, look, and not reply if you dont like it? Reply saying its gorgeous, even though your not pushed cause it's not going to affect you. Reply saying its gorgeous cause you really like it. Or reply saying you dont like it? I do be just curious when i see so many views on threads and no posts :o0
ott Posts: 3920
I never post if I don't have something positive to say about the dress/shoes/bag/hairstyle. More than anything I'd be worried about another bride having picked the same item already being offended or upset.
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
well I could have 3 answers there: 1. If I like it I'll answer it and say so. 2. If I dont like it but they havent purchased it I will say I dont like it. 3. If I dont like it but they have already purchased it well then I keep my opinion to myself.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
[quote="Mrs Summer":19ay4u16]well I could have 3 answers there: 1. If I like it I'll answer it and say so. 2. If I dont like it but they havent purchased it I will say I dont like it. 3. If I dont like it but they have already purchased it well then I keep my opinion to myself.[/quote:19ay4u16] This
havemovedon Posts: 2013
If I see a dress or shoes and think "ugh!" I won't post. It's of no benefit to tell a bride that you think her dress/BM dress is horrific. If I see something I really like, I'll post and say I really like it.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="v excited b2b":1mcxfa08][quote="Mrs Summer":1mcxfa08]well I could have 3 answers there: 1. If I like it I'll answer it and say so. 2. If I dont like it but they havent purchased it I will say I dont like it. 3. If I dont like it but they have already purchased it well then I keep my opinion to myself.[/quote:1mcxfa08] This[/quote:1mcxfa08] Me too. Or maybe I will say its not to my taste but if you like it that all that matters. Not everyones taste is the same. I mean if it was we would all be in the same wedding dress :o0 I had silk flowers for my wedding but many people dont like them. Doesnt bother me in the slightest.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
I would post if I like whatever the poster is talking about. Otherwise I don't really bother. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you don't like something but I feel some posters go to town on putting other people's tastes down. I remember one poster who used to post on the "what do you think of my dress threads" all of the time saying she hated the dresses as they were so boring and normal and she was going for something unique and way better (of course!). Then she posts another time devastated that someone she knows (I think) didn't like her dress and I was thinking WTF!! Saying all that, I think the majority of posters are fine when they are saying they don't like something but when the poster has already bought the item, what is the point?
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
If it's asking for an opinion on a dress etc I would only post if I had something nice to say. If it's an opinion based questions though i.e Would you.... I will give feedback and reply; not always with what people want to hear :-8
jellywellies Posts: 2268
that's a really good question!! I sometimes read a post and don't reply because I've nothing to say, lol! I would maybe the same as the other wols and not comment on dresses / hair styles etc if I dont like it!! But I suppose is wrong - as we are being asked what we think of it!! Lol, I will be dubious asking now what everyone thinks of my BM dresses (although I know Scarlett will like them as they are near the same as hers, lol)
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
hee hee I was thinking the same myself the other day because I posted about an opinion on a wedding dress I haven't purchased yet and there was only about 10% that viewed replied so I guessed it wasn't for the other 90%.... hasn't changed my mind though, I still love it!!!! Its nice to get feedback from others, I would usually say if I didn't like it especially if a bride posts 2 dresses and asks for an opinion on that. :-8