ppi - payment protection claim

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
Wondering if anyone knows anything about this. My mam tried to claim this when she was out sick . It was for her credit union account. It was denied. Then a few months ago the company called and said she could try claim it again. So long story short, she continued paying her credit union for the period she was sick. Anyway she got a letter today saying she was owed over four thousand. However when the woman on the phone was explaining about it she said the money would be paid of her loan. Surely its up to my mam if she pays the money of her loan or not as she used her money to pay the load when the ppi should have been paying it. I hope im explaining this right. Has anyone any legal knowledge on this?
alvaroger Posts: 73
[quote="gottabfp":15iq7u1b]Wondering if anyone knows anything about this. My mam tried to claim this when she was out sick . It was for her credit union account. It was denied. Then a few months ago the company called and said she could try claim it again. So long story short, she continued paying her credit union for the period she was sick. Anyway she got a letter today saying she was owed over four thousand. However when the woman on the phone was explaining about it she said the money would be paid of her loan. Surely its up to my mam if she pays the money of her loan or not as she used her money to pay the load when the ppi should have been paying it. I hope im explaining this right. Has anyone any legal knowledge on this?[/quote:15iq7u1b] can you tell me what number she rang cause i have had problems with this before and want to get this sorted
They rang her, it depends what company you used for ppi i think
starzzzz Posts: 1123
they have to pay it to the loan its in the t and cs of it. If she calls the cu they will often give it back to the customer but its up to them. The ppi people can't make the decision. well thats how it works in a bank assume the cu would be the same.
Mad Mod Posts: 1079
I don't know anything about it, but I find it odd that she was contacted like that.
Its not that odd as they will have someone sometimes review the declined claims again and they will change their mind, its relatively common. I used to deal with a ppi company alot in my job and I always told people to appeal the decisions for this reason. Also gottabfp if the cu wont give her the money tell her to ask for a payment break as the insurance money will put the loan ahead.
Hey thanks for the words of wisdom, can always get the answers here. Great news the cheque arrived in the post today :o)ll :o)ll
proud mamaof1 Posts: 825
How do you know if you have paid PPI on a loan? I always thought it was a nother scam thing, like saying you won the lotto in some far of place you haven't even heard of.
No defo not a scam, she had always paid her insurance and when she got sick and went to claim the claim was denied... not sure why. Now they are saying it should not have been denied so thats why she got the money back.
you would have signed for it when you took out the loan is how you would know. I think alot of people think its a scam as there was a scandal as alot of people were mis sold it so it was in the papers for that. Great she got sorted gottabfp!