Pram/Buggy advice needed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mini Mom Posts: 158
Hi there, I'm doing a bit of research at the mo before buying my '06 wheels! We were looking at the travel systems in mothercare where they have the pram/buggy idea which also takes the infant carrier. Is this what everyone is going for? I was also on the mamas and papas website and was looking at the AT4 pramette but I think that could be pretty expensive. I would love to hear feedback about what you all use and if you would recommend it. Thanks.
snozberry Posts: 1212
Hi there, On my first I bought a graco pram that went flat for baby to lie in - its still on the go but was very cumbersome - it flattened down rather than the umbrella style and had the m&p's car seat that clicked into the base. This time round I have bought (second hand!) a m&P's buggy with car seat and the pram attachment.... am thrilled with this as it is umbrella style so wont take up as much room in the boot (one of the things people dont take into account when buying buggies!!) but also can be used downstairs for the baby to sleep in the pram part for the first few months. There is so much to choose from, its a bit mind boggling to say the least! Can I recommend you join magicmum.com? its a forum for mums and mums to be and the girls on it are great and full of info about everything related to babies!!! best of luck with your purchase and the rest of your pregnancy!
Mini Mom Posts: 158
Thanks snozberry. I must join magicmum. I need all the help i can get!
clio99 Posts: 712
Like snoz i had a graco lie down buggy, which i thought was a pain in the bum and i ended up changing it toa stoller after acouple of weeks. This time I think im goingto go with Chicco make, I seen a fab one with car seat etc which is from birth to 4 years. Its about 350, whihc is not bad in comparison to mamas and papas agoing to after crimbo and havea look in the sales, also I found www.kiddicare.com very good and even though its a Uk website they were quick delivery and cheaper even with the exchange rate