pre marriage courses

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Kimberley89 Posts: 60
Hey when can u do the pre marriage course. Does it have too be a certain period before the wedding. We are getting married April 2016.
craftyPB Posts: 2625
There's no time scale, we did ours a year in advance...
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
Dont think there is a timescale, they book up quite fast - i booked in February & next available course was June. Sorry i didnt do it sooner!
mugsey Posts: 47
Not sure that there is a timescale. We did ours over a year in advance :-) :-) Maybe double check with your priest beforehand to make sure he is okay with it! Good luck and enjoy
helieh Posts: 7
I have heard at least six months in advanced, but I think that is just an arbitrary time frame to make sure you have enough time to sign up for a course that has not been booked up already. If you're putting off, definitely start thinking about it by October of this year.
cailinalainn Posts: 8
I think you have to do it at least three months in advance.
kikib Posts: 76
We just booked ours and we're not getting married until July next year! Just want to get it ticked off the list :)
Thanks ladies booked it now the next available date we got was September. Happy planning x
Bec123 Posts: 24
Hi Ladies, Just wondering do any of ye know if it matters which pre marriage course you do? Our priest suggested Accord which is €180 per couple and is a Friday evening and all day Saturday but there is an Avalon one also that is €120 per couple and is just the one day, Saturday. Obviously we would like to go the Avalon one but I think the priest might have a problem with this, I suppose my question is can the priest dictate to you which to do or does it mater once you have it completed? Thanks in advance, Bec :wv
Hey I booked accord last week after our priest recommend we go with them. It's costing us €150 and that is for Friday 7-10.30 and Saturday 9-3