Pre Nuptial Enquiry

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CHICKEN1 Posts: 224
Hi Girls, Is there any particular timeframe on when this needs to be done with the priest before the wedding?? thanks
Miss Muffet Posts: 612
Someone on here recently told me that it needs to be 6 months before the date of the marriage & that you'll need to bring along documents to show you've compelted the marriage prep course & notifiied the state of yoru intention to marry.
Diamontee Posts: 675
The pre nup can be done after the 6 months. You have to have baptismal and confirmation certs which have to be dated within 6 months of the wedding. You can even do the pre nup 2 weeks before. You [b:1b8l2rjj]cant[/b:1b8l2rjj] do it more than 6 months to the date. hth :wv edited to say CANT
CHICKEN1 Posts: 224
thanks for your replies girls
DaisyB Posts: 1708
[quote="chick2009":rxt144ic]The pre nup can be done after the 6 months. You have to have baptismal and confirmation certs which have to be dated within 6 months of the wedding. You can even do the pre nup 2 weeks before. You [b:rxt144ic]cant[/b:rxt144ic] do it more than 6 months to the date. hth :wv edited to say CANT[/quote:rxt144ic] i dont understand about the baptismal and confirmation erts? why do they have t be issued no more than 6 months before the wedding? i always thought u could just give the certs u had reciever originally from the date of your baptism and then from your confirmation? wer do yu get these anyway? :thnk
No they HAVE to be dated within 6 months to the wedding. Think its something to do with to make sure you werent married before. You get them in the church you were baptised and confirmed in. Got my poor mam to get these for me, she had to go to 3 different churchs!! :o0
DaisyB Posts: 1708
church i was baptised in isnt even a church anymore its an art gallery or something :ooh wonder wat ill have to do bout that one ahh everythings so complicated O:| :o0 :o0
proposing Posts: 13
I don't know if there's a minimum amount of time before the wedding when you can do this but it can't be more than six months because the baptismal/confirmation certs can't be dated more than six months before the wedding (and you need these for the pre nup). I'm getting married in early October and our pre-marriage course isn't till mid May (my parish priest - I'm in England - wanted us to do a particular course and they had no availability until May) so we won't be doing the pre nup until after the course i.e. four and a half months before the wedding. Given that my parish in Ireland appear to be ignoring my requests for a letter of freedom, it's probably a good thing that I've a while to go yet!! You can notify the state any time as long as it's more than three months before the wedding - I'd do it sooner rather than later because they'll probably raise the ridiculous admin fee for no reason other than to earn some extra money for themselves!!! Grumble grumble... Sorry, but to tell me to bring my own photocopies and then charge me an admin fee...... How do they justify it???!!!
Dont worry, they would have had to send all documents somewhere! I was baptised in a hospital chapel thats so longer there either but they hopsital traced where it went!! Fun times!! Still didnt do our pre nup, must get our skates on!! :eek