Pre Nuptial money ???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sineaddiamond Posts: 96
hi girls, im meeting with the priest this week to do my pre nuptial form he is from my parish i live in but no the parish a will be getting married in. do you give him money for this and if so how much. thanks
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We gave the priest who did our pre-nup €20 in an envelope!
MissBid Posts: 587
oh Lord - we didn't give anything to ours... I didn't know we should???? Anyway he's getting a few quid from us after the ceremony on Friday so that should hopefully make up for it...
ohsotired Posts: 7071
MissBid we got married in a different parish to the one we lived in so that's why we gave the priest €20! :wv
gopro Posts: 1801
we gave €50 it was a different priest marrying us
MissBid Posts: 587
[quote="ohsotired":1wy1wzwm]MissBid we got married in a different parish to the one we lived in so that's why we gave the priest €20! :wv[/quote:1wy1wzwm] :-8 So are we... but the priest is coming with us, so hopefully he'll be content with the one payment..
sineaddiamond Posts: 96
Thanks girls thats great
Chillaxed Posts: 583
i give the priest in my parish here 40 and OH gave his priest 30. Neither is marrying us.
Chocolatebuttons Posts: 369
I gave mine 50e, he was marrying us though. My OH gave his priest nothing(different parish).
Nobigdress Posts: 452
Oops, we went to the priest at the weekend to get Mr. Nobigdress's pre-nup thing done and didnt even think to give him some money. Is this always the case? This priest wont be marrying us or doing anything other than filling out this pre-nup for us so we wont be giving him anything later. Are we going to get hit by lightening?