Pregnacare vitamins

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Twirler Posts: 1644
Has anyone had any bad experiences of using the Pregnacare vitamins? I was just taking folic acid for the first while when I got pregnant and then decided to start taking these and have had really bad sickness for the last while. I felt rotten last Thursday and then didn't take the Pregnacare over the weekend and felt miles better. Not sure if they're linked or if I'm imagining it, I'm thinking I'll go back on the vitamins and see how I feel, then if I feel crap again at least I'll know for sure if I'm having a bad reaction to the Pregnacare. I'm 22 weeks at this stage.
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
They can make you feel very ill, at least that's my experience of them. I can only take them with my evening meal. They must be taken with food. I'm sick quite a lot, so I can't take them everyday as I find them too heavy. On those days I just take the plain folic acid tablets.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I have heard of people feeling sick with them, maybe try the Sanatogen mum to be vitamins, some girls find these easier to take.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I take them last thing at night, it was the only way to get them to stay down. My consultant wants me to stay on them, so I'm taking them even though I hate them! i'm not sure of the other brands out there, maybe ask the consultant or your GP what they'd recommend?
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I was taken off them by the hospital as they were contributing to my sickness!