Pregnancy diet - are you being a complete angel?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
The books say that you should have a fantastically healthy diet in pregnancy. By contrast you do hear of pregnant women indulging in all kinds of junk and comfort food because "if you can't get away with it in pregnancy, when can you?" Just wondered how all of you are faring. Are you eating fantastically well, or has your diet changed much? I am trying to eat a piece of fruit every day, and obviously am not drinking and therefore also not eating drinking snacks like peanuts etc in the evenings....but other than that my diet hasn't changed. Have fruit bread or similar in the morning with decaf coffee, sandwich for lunch (occasionally with crisps) and water, and dinner in the evening with some sort of chocolatey treat afterwards. I try to eat fruit every day but have been away a couple of times recently and I know I didn't manage that every day. Also fear that I don't eat enough veg with my dinner. Am I doing bad or how are the rest of you doing?
doolittle Posts: 910
You sound great. Im not a great fruit eater, prefer it in a smoothy!!Eating normally and trying not to eat too much choclate. I havent had tea or coffee in 7 weeks and Im drinking 2 litres of water a day. Havent been sick so Im eating away as normal :o0
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
My diet at the moment seems to be Toast and jam in the mornings - puked before lunch Toasted cheese and an apple, and cup a soup at lunch - sometimes puked Toast and jam after work - puked by bedtime!! So in contrast you have a wonderful diet!! I just can't keep anything down and toast seems to say down better than anything else. I'm drinking gallons of water in fear of getting dehydrated
mcglick Posts: 463
im typing this with my right hand as i have an apple danish in the other....no im no angel, i dont drink enough water, I forget to take my vitamins, i drink wwwaaaaayyy too much tea, Ive had soft cheese and Ive ate peanuts.
kittysue Posts: 1016
Mrs. Sunflower.... are you still really that sick at 17 weeks......?? that sounds awful....you poor thing
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
kittysue my granny told me that i'll have an easier labour. Its probably an old wives tale but every time I'm sick I just keep thinking that I'll be better off at the end :o0 :o0
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
I am constantly worrying about my diet! Really trying my best at getting thro 2 litres of water a day but DH keeps reassuring me that I also get water in my fruit, milk, veg, etc. I am a good fruit eater so am easily achieving my 5 a day. I love my sardines, so that's my omega 3 etc. I have completely cut out alcohol, have had 1 cuppa since my BFP (am 7 weeks) and drink milk with my dinner. Having read over this, I'm not doing too bad I guess and I still indulge in my chocolate treats. Zilla07
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Zilla07 - are you the zilla who used to have the nicole kidman avatar? Congrats on your pregnancy!!
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
[quote="Hokey Cokey":6zne6aho]Zilla07 - are you the zilla who used to have the nicole kidman avatar? Congrats on your pregnancy!![/quote:6zne6aho] :o0 Yep I am Hokey and thanks for your good wishes! Not many of us old wollies about anymore :o( Hope you're keeping well! x
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
[quote="Bridezilla07":3rh6e8vz][quote="Hokey Cokey":3rh6e8vz]Zilla07 - are you the zilla who used to have the nicole kidman avatar? Congrats on your pregnancy!![/quote:3rh6e8vz] :o0 Yep I am Hokey and thanks for your good wishes! Not many of us old wollies about anymore :o( Hope you're keeping well! x[/quote:3rh6e8vz] Great to see you still here! I'm grand - just tired and big. God only knows what I'll be like nearer the end (only 25/26 weeks now)