pregnancy prayer

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

roxychick Posts: 1802
hey guys. ttc for the 1st time but here's a prayer I thought I'd share with those of u already pregnant. My MIL swears by it and she had 12 kids. O Lord God Almighty who has made us all out of nothing look down upon thy poor handmaid here prostrate before thee humbly imploring thy mercy and begging thy blessing for herself and her child. Preserve I beseech thee the work of thy hands and defend both me and the tender fruit of my womb from all perils and from all evil. Grant me in due time a happy delivery and bring my child safe to the font of baptism that it may be there happily dedicated to love and serve thee faithfully forever. But oh my God I have to much reason to fear lest my great and manifold sins should hinder thee from hearing my prayers and draw down judgment upon me and mine therefore I am sensible the first thing I ought to do is to repent from the bottom of my heart for all my offences humbly confess them and continually cry to thee for mercy and whatever I may have to go through in child bearing offer it up to you who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.
Princess consuela Posts: 1480
Ah that's really nice - hopefully i will be using that in the next month or two