pregnancy weight

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bonita Posts: 1678
just wondering how much weight ye ca expect to put on in pregnancy is it 1 or 2 stone or more like 2 or 3 stone
GotPreggers Posts: 988
Everyone is different so there is no confirmed amount of weight that you will put on. I personally put on a little over 2 stone
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Will tell you after :o0 :o0
Carmen Posts: 510
I have almost 2 stone on now!! It sounds alot but i dont actually look like i have put on much weight other than the baby. I know my bum has gotten bigger. People tell me "its all baby" Hopefully they are telling the truth and not just being nice to me! So god knows how much more i will have on after another 13 weeks!
charli Posts: 5994
I put up just 2 stone in first pg there is a sort of guideline 1,2,3 rule - put up 1 stone if you are overweight (very overweight this must mean or else surely it would not be an adequate amount of weight??) 2 stone if you are average, 3 stone if you are very slim-underweight for me as well 2 stone was ok to get off too - 1 stone at birth and the first week or so and the 2nd stone slowly came off over next 6-10weeks, maybe with BF that helped either way i was kinda the same weight going back to work
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
So far I've put on 1.5 stone, but I don't look like I've put anything on, it must be all bump but it's not very big either! Either way DH and I are very confused as to where the extra weight has gone :-8 Everybody is different though.
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
I'm up 3 stone!!!!! :-8 But I'm hoping most of this is fluid at this stage as my face is like the moon, my feet are like the Nutty Professors, and my legs are like tree trunks - and I eat damn all!
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:9dffugmo]I've put on two stone so far!!! From behind you wouldn't think I'm pg at all (until I waddle) so it seems to be all bump - very heavy!!![/color:9dffugmo]
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I read about 2 stone is right. Im 20 weeks and im up a whole 1.5 pounds :eek :o0 I probably lost about 5 pounds in the early stages cos of MS so id say in reality i have put on 6.5 pounds which is exactly "right" for my stage. Im eating loads but im lucky in that i can eat what i want and i stay slim (the jockey blood).
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
I put up just under 4 stone :-8 :eek overall in my pregnancy - I lost two stone between baby - 10lb 9.5oz and all the rest in the first 2/3 weeks and I have lost 8lb of the rest up to now in Weight watchers between walking and watching what I eat. I ate all the wrong stuff while pregnant too as I craved salty foods like chips and crisps etc which was so bad. My own fault I put up the weight and I will know for next time to be so careful about eating so much junk and fatty foods.