Pregnancy yoga Dublin 9/11 area

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PP Posts: 116
Anyone know of a good pregnancy yoga class in the Dublin 9/11 area? When should you start the pregnancy yoga?
Anyone :)
MeSB Posts: 3785
Ice 2 Posts: 224
I'm not in Dublin, but I put a post up last week (at the 12 week mark), enquiring when I could start yoga - answers ranged from 14 to 18 weeks. I must look into classes here as I've heard it is very beneficial :wv
DennyRashers Posts: 43
Hiya, I've been going to a girl in Glasnevin (is more like Phibsboro though - just at the estate at the far end of the dual carriageway opposite the cemetery). Paula is her name. While I find her good, I've since found out that she's kinda pricey compared to other places - EUR105 for 6 weeks, especially since the class takes part in her living room of her house! . I'm gonna finish the course with her but I've started looking elsewhere and found this place just up the road in Phibsboro . Don't know if that's a bit too far for you to travel. Great value at EUR80 for 8 weeks. Another option I'm looking at is this place out in Ongar.. only a 15 minute drive from my house in Finglas D 11. EUR85 for 6 weeks. What I like about this place is that if you miss a class, you have an extra week to make it up... plus they do 3 classes a week and can go to any one of them. They also do pregnancy pilates which I am very interested in. There's also this place out in Artane if that's close to you . It's EUR125 for 8 weeks. Also, this is pilates based rather than yoga. A lot of the movements will be the same but you probably wont get the relaxation part of a yoga session. While yoga is very gentle on your body, most places will advise you to join after the 12 week mark. There are a couple of reasons for this. The first is that during the first 3 months, most women are very tired and can be suffering with morning (all day) sickness. The other is that your chance of miscarriage is highest during that time and so most adopt a "better safe than sorry" philosophy. I've been doing it since the 14 week mark and am finding it great. Hope that helps some. x
dreamer Posts: 3941
I went to the Elbowroom. Its Dublin 7 so not a million miles away from Dublin 9/11. They are great here and the pregnancy yoga is just brilliant. Would definitely recommend them :wv
MeSB Posts: 3785
Thanks a mil for all the info girls.