pregnancy yoga

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tilsun Posts: 4506
Hi girls, I did yoga years ago and found it great for relaxing and toning up. Would love to take it up again now, am looking for one where I knew the teacher really knew her stuff, in particular what exercises are good during different stages of pregnancy. I'm in Dublin and could pretty much go anywhere on the north side or in the city centre. Any recommendations?
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Hey Tilsun, your best bet is to go to a specific prenatal yoga class. In city centre I know of the Elbow Room on North Brunswick Street. There is also class in Core Pilates in Artane if that's anywhere near you; or a friend of mine went to Tree of Life in Malahide and loved it. I go to Pure Health in Ongar which is prob too far but instructor is always giving modifications. There is list on site might give more ideas. I would talk to instructor and say that you have done yoga before as most state that pregnancy yoga can be started after first trimester from 12-16 wks only! I found that it's v v gentle in comparison with a normal hatha yoga class and more about relaxation than toning because most women attending have never done it before. :wv
tilsun Posts: 4506
That's great Toblerone, thanks. Having a look at that now to see which one would be best :thnk
medea49 Posts: 324
I've been to prenatal classes at Yoga Dublin in Ranelagh, and they've been good, although the studio's small () I also found the classes to be a bit too easy though (focused more on relaxation and breathing than stretching)-- and I've found the prenatal yoga DVD by Tara Lee (got it through amazon.co.uk) fantastic, and a much better workout. I do it all the time now (and it's a lot cheaper as well, of course!) I have other pregnancy DVDs but this one is the best.
Sassy Sally Posts: 306
I did it with Louise Fagan in the Carnegie Court hotel in Swords and loved it !! Sassy :wv