Pregnant 18 weeks after C Section

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hannah h Posts: 546
Hi Ladies, Shocked and scared is an understatement. As you can see from my ticker I have an 18 week old boy. I had fertility treatment on my last pregnancy so this is a huge shock to us. Anyone have any expierence of getting pregnant so soon after a c section? Just did the test around an hour ago as was a few days late. I saw those 2 beautful lines.... So so afraid that is too soon and will cause complications. Any advice would be great. Thanks
alwaysnextmonth Posts: 204
OMG Congrats !!!! Whats meant to be will be :) I just posted this the last time see the link below, hope it gives you an idea Best of luck
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
Oh my god congrats. It's a huge shock isn't it. I conceived after 5 months after my section and like you I had fertility treatment. Make an app with your gp straight away and it might be no harm to talk to a Gynae. It happens to more people than you think. I'm sure you will be fine. Congrats again it's a huge achievement.
twinssep Posts: 1242
couldnt read and not post firstly congrats i too got pregnant 5 months after an emergency c section for a placental abrubtion on twins!!! i went on to have a healthy pregnancy and a vbac two hours start to finish and no pain relief hope this helps you congrats again
lilytiger Posts: 536
My friend had a C-section on her first baby in March 2011 and had a second baby by section in April 2012 so pretty much the same timeline as you. The only problems she suffered were the usual pregnancy related ones and the shock of it all, she had carpel tunnel in her first that never really went away and I think she suffered a bit with high BP but she had this on her first too. As others have said, what's meant to be will be and once you get over the shock I'm sure you're delighted and nervous and excited so congratulations!!
2010Mrs Posts: 991
Congrats Hannah... Its a shock but meant to be!! Who would have though after having fetility trreatment that it would happen so easily Best of luck with everything :lvs :lvs
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
I have no experience [b:2be08rra]hannah h[/b:2be08rra], but just wanted to offer you my congratulations :o)ll