Pregnant again

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

brookee Posts: 751
Hi girls i'm having baby no.2! I have to say i'm excited now that it has sunk in but i'm worried because i'm on the dole and obviously the timing is pretty bad. i hoped to be working before we went for another baby. Anyways does anyone know will i have the dole taken off me? Should i tell the social welfare office or say nothing yet? I'm a bit lost with all of this and even though i'm sooo excited i have to be practical and sort out everything first!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Huge congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I dont see why you would have to come of the Dole, maybe go to citizens advice and see what your options are.
Thanks a million! Every things different this time round i had a good job and was just better off that way before, i think i'll just speak to citizens advice and but my mind at ease now so i can enjoy my pregnancy instead of worrying for the whole 9 months I think i'm just panicking a bit now that reality is setting in i'm not even sure yet when i'm due because i had only just stopped taking the pill :-8 Well ok i have a rough idea lol I woke up this morning and asked my hubby if i can go look at prams teehee
[quote="gottabfp":24r34915]Huge congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I dont see why you would have to come of the Dole, maybe go to citizens advice and see what your options are.[/quote:24r34915] I just saw your ticker how are you getting on!!
nuttybub Posts: 92
As long as you are still available and looking for work you'll be fine! You'll need to let them know your due date closer to the time and you'll be excused from signing for 3 months (i think!) Just make sure you're still applying for jobs and keep any letters from jobs you've applied for etc! Congrats and best of luck!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
[quote="brookee":1c7lig9a][quote="gottabfp":1c7lig9a]Huge congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I dont see why you would have to come of the Dole, maybe go to citizens advice and see what your options are.[/quote:1c7lig9a] I just saw your ticker how are you getting on!![/quote:1c7lig9a] Still waiting, no sign of this baby ever coming :o0 :o0