Pregnant and Bridesmaid at 17 Weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CJ1 Posts: 110
I have just found out that I am pregnant with our first baby (am absolutely delighted). I am a bridesmaid to my BFF when I will be 17.5 weeks along at the time of the wedding. I am now worried that I won't fit into the dress. I have a retroverted (tilted) womb and am a size 8-10. It took months for my dress to come in, so I don't know if I can order it in a bigger size. From your experiences, do you think I will be showing much at that stage? I don't want to cause the bride any undue stress over this. She really deserves to have everything go perfectly for her.
Indiana Posts: 204
I think it will very much depend on you physically... I got pregnant when I was five month away from getting married, and had dress pickeded and everything. Was 21 weeks when i got maried and only had to have my dress taken out a very little bit. Wasn't really showing at all though I had put on a few pounds.... If your dress is capable of being altered a little bit (if needs be), you'll have nothing to worry about!!
CJ1 Posts: 110
Thanks for that - I feel a bit reassured!
Delish Posts: 4176
I was 18 weeks when bm for my sis, got dress in a 12 (my pre-pregnancy size). It was very tight accross my boobs, but otherwise fine. I wore spanx one size too big. I didn't have a bump as such, mayby a small pot belly but no bump.
JanuB Posts: 42
I was BM for my sister at 18 weeks... We had bought the dresses last year, so I was a bit worried, but it all worked out fine. I had a barely there bump and anyone who didn't know wouldn't have guessed! It all depends on the style of the dress of course. My dress had been a little too big on the bust and I planned to get it taken in. It still was a little big on me, but was comfortable on the day.. My bust has increased in size alright.. Don't worry!! I had been phoning around the US and UK when I first found out, trying to find a bigger size just in case... There was about an inch of fabric on both sides, so it was possible to let it out a bit if required... I'm sure yours will be the same. I kept trying on the dress in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and never had to adjust.. Good luck with it, and don't stress!! [url=http://lilypie.com:1okb48jp][img:1okb48jp]http://bd.lilypie.com/8hshp1/.png[/img:1okb48jp][/url:1okb48jp]