pregnant bridesmaid

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dusky1 Posts: 115
Hi fellow B2B i'm getting married next year and my 2 BM will prob be a couples of months pregnant as they wanna start der family so can anyone recommend a website or shop dat does lovely dresses,i don't want to have them made and i don't want the tradition dresses something dats off the peg would be perfect tanx xx
mumof3 Posts: 73
Hi dusky alot of the american websites such as houseofbrides.com sell maternity bridal and bridesmaid dresses, very reasonably priced too hth :wv
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
why not just look at dresses that are flowey or can be taken out easily - if they haven't even started trying for a baby yet, they mightn't be lucky enough to get pregnant so quickly!!!
Linda H Posts: 1151
Friend of mine got hers in monsoo. Would you consider getting them made?
feisty Posts: 11
I read that empire line dresses are good for bumps!! So maybe something in that style would help!!
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
If you have a look at the Bari Jay website? A lot of their dresses can be got in maternity! There's a little icon in the corner of the pics of dresses that tell you if they can or not!
Goosey Posts: 387
I think you have to be very careful about buying off the rack. I did this for one of my BMs and we are now getting something made for her the week before the wedding. We're lucky to have found the exact material as the other BMs and a very good and patent dress maker. You can't predict how many months they will be pregnant, and more importantly what size their tummies will be. If they are going to be pregnant my advise would be to hold off as long as possible...otherwise you'll have a lot more expense if you have to change dresses etc.
Goosey Posts: 387
I think you have to be very careful about buying off the rack. I did this for one of my BMs and we are now getting something made for her the week before the wedding. We're lucky to have found the exact material as the other BMs and a very good and patent dress maker. You can't predict how many months they will be pregnant, and more importantly what size their tummies will be. If they are going to be pregnant my advise would be to hold off as long as possible...otherwise you'll have a lot more expense if you have to change dresses etc.
chefmaid Posts: 2426
Mine will be 6 mths when i get married and got her dress on houseofbrides.com. It arrived 2 weeks ago and its fab...Cant wait to see her on the day with a bump :o)ll :o)ll
brides007 Posts: 377
we sell materity bridesmaid dress by dessy www.thehouseofbrides.homestead.com