pregnant with bad cramps

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2006wedding Posts: 965
I posted yesterday about having really bad cramps and having usual AF symptoms but no AF! Tested last night and it came up positive. I am still getting really bad cramps and I am worried aswell about how quickly I got pregnant since I am only off the pill a month - I have been reading that it takes months for the pill to leave your system, also I aonly started taking folic acid when I stopped the pill. I am going to the doctor tomorrow but I any info in the meantime would be great. *)
NotHere Posts: 10273
I was completely convinced that af was coming when I got my BFP. I only tested to put myself out of my misery. Cramps stayed for another while on and off but it is your body stretching and getting ready to carry your little bundle for the next 9 months :wv The doc will probably be able to check the folic acid levels in your blood. Make sure to mention it anyway. But don't forget that folic acid is in a lot of foods these days so you probably have enough in your system.
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi 2006wedding I posted yesterday to say I had my usual AF symptoms, pains and spotting coming up to my AF date so I assumed it was coming. I didn't test until 3 days after it was due cause I was so sure it was on it's way so I think it's pretty normal. Congrats by the way, have a great nine months! :thnk
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[size=200:2he82y1a][color=violet:2he82y1a][b:2he82y1a]WOOHOOOO!!![/b:2he82y1a][/color:2he82y1a][/size:2he82y1a] :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll [color=indigo:2he82y1a]A huge congratulations 2006wedding and to your DH!!! That's fantastical news!!! :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: :heartbeat: :stork: I got pregnant the first month off the pill too and I had awful cramps as well and I was afraid like yourself that this wasn't the norm. Friends told me that it's my body beginning to prepare and change to accommodate the new arrival!!! Don't worry about not having taking the folic acid for longer!! There are so many other women out there who don't take it either!! Fantastical news hun!!![/color:2he82y1a]
pattie Posts: 2379
Don't worry about having just come off the pill, you're supposed to be extra fertile for the first couple of months when you come off it so it's a great time to get pregnant. As for the cramps, that's totally normal around the time you get your BFP, I had that too. But don't put a hot water bottle on your tummy for them as I did, too hot for the baby apparently. And don't worry about the folic acid, as someone else said, it's in plenty of foods so chances are you were okay anyway. Also, my sister and I were talking about this recently and seems there are new studies out now which suggest that it's not stored in your body and what's important is that you're taking it at the time of conception, not months beforehand. Not that I'm advising anyone not to take it beforehand, just that it could be a belt and braces precaution so you shouldn't be worried about your situation.
Thanks girls! I hadnt expected it to happen so quickly, I was sure i would have another 4 or 5 months to wait. As it happens, I have 3 weddings coming up over the next 2 weeks so its going to be very hard to keep it a secret, esp when everyone sees me not drinking or smoking!! Cramps have eased off a little today thankfully, I am glad to hear they are normal as I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me!
bellabella Posts: 2750
Congratulations and remember they will get worse so don't worry it's normal in the first few weeks.It's a good sign.
bellabella, thanks! i hope they dont get worse coz the pain is unreal!!, unlike anything i have ever experienced before with AF cramps, though I know i have always been lucky to have had short relatively pain free AFs.
bellabella Posts: 2750
You know i never had bad period pain like i did when i got pregnant.I remember standing in the kitchen and having to bend over to ease the pain. So i know exactly where you are coming from. It is important at this stage to eat oranges as they help the placenta thats what my doc told me. Take care and have a great pregnancy.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Brillent news delighted for you :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll