Pregorexia on Irealnd AM now

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tilsun Posts: 4506
Just watching this
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
hard to believe isn't it...
Thought it was very sad. Pregnancy is stressful enough without having that on top of it
1happywife Posts: 248
very scary however the whole weight gain thing freaked me out a bit as I have only gained 2 lbs since becoming pregnant and I am 5 months but I have a huge appetite I could not possibly eat much more I am a petite but healthy size 6 and never really gain weight but so scared :o( now anyone else out there who has not gained much weight but is a healthy eater, or when should I start gaining the weight. I did have my scan yesterday though and everything is fine and baby appears a normal size for my dates
Don't know anything about what weight we should be gaining. But I would say if you are eating healthily then you prob just have a good metabolism and are burning up any excess fat.
1happywife Posts: 248
Thanks a mil doc says im doing very well so i suppsoe I should stop worrying as eat so well have a bigger appetite than my family so prob is just my metabolism, thanks for the reassurance just such a worrier :-8
justforthisonwol Posts: 1
Hi girls. I saw some of the piece on Ireland Am but unfortunately missed the start. I'm a long term user on Wol for over 4 years and have gone anon for this. In that length of time I've never come across anyone who has admitted to having an eating disorder but I'm sure there are plenty. I have lived with anorexia and bullima for almost 9 years. It isn't a topic that is easy talk about and tbh the only people who understand are those who live with it also. I started purging and over exercising after being bullied as a teen and my self confidence had hit the floor and things rocketed from there. But that's a whole different story. My story is I had a fine healthy 10lb baby 3 months ago. Pregnancy was very difficult as every day was a battle to fight the urge to purge. My husband and I had been ttc for over 12 months but because of my low body weight and general bad health my chances of conception were low. I had to try and get healthy to become pregnant. I gained 7lbs and started to eat healthy (albeit no fat and low carb) foods, cut back on purging and exercised in a normal fashion. Luckily we became pregnant after a year of heartbreak and it was such a blessing. From the minute I saw the bfp on the hpt I knew I had to change and started to eat a balanced diet. Everyday was a battle to eat but because of being underweight I had extra weight to gain and forced myself to eat. My pregnancy went relatively well and in total I gained 4.5 stone. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror for the last 2 months as I disliked my body and bump. It was difficult but I got there. I gave birth to a beautiful 10lbs healthy baby boy almost 3 months ago and he means the world to me. 3 months on I weigh 2 stone heavier than my pre pregnancy weight and I plan on keeping it. Everyone compliments me on how well and healthy I am. That's not to say that I am happy with my weight and have not looked in the mirror. I hope I won't relapse but it is not that straight forward. For the moment I'm so enthralled with my son that he is keeping my mind and body occupied. It's a pity I felt the need to go anon for this put that's the way things are. If there are any other wollies with an eating disorder who are pregnant or ttc I wish you all the best, it's very hard but the gift of life at the end is worth it.
Hi justforthisonwol. Fair play to you for posting :thnk Sounds like you've been through the mill. I cannot imagine how hard that must have been for you. But you've succeeded and I'm sure, with the strength of personality you clearly have, you will continue to win the battle :wv
petunia Posts: 1626
justforthisonwol, hats off to you for sharing your story. Im happy to hear you now have a beautiful baby after your long journey. You must be so strong willed to have managed the pregnancy like you did and its now standing to you. Well done.
lollyfp Posts: 2441
Thanks justforthisonwol for sharing your story. I am sure you are right that there are many others so the fact that you have had the courage to talk about this (whether anonymously or not) is great and I'm sure it will help a lot of women. I'm glad you have a lovely baby and are doing well. Keep looking after yourself and take care :wv