Preparing for baby

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dreamychick Posts: 124
We're hoping to start trying for a baby soon. Just wondering if there is anything you can do to prepare your body, other than taking folic acid? Thanks :wv
Emme Posts: 4735
Hi dreamy, go to your GP and ask for a rubella and chickenpox immunity check. If you have low levels of immunity they can order vaccinations. Really worth doing! Emme
HoneyBee1973 Posts: 795
Maybe take a multi-vitamin that contains folic acid. Pregnacare is good. Best of luck!
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
One lesson I learnt ... give yourself a good course of echinecea and vitamin C before you start to build up your immune system, cos once you get pregnant, you can't take them. They were my old-reliables when I get colds etc, so found it very hard to shake a few colds since I got pregnant without them.
TracyD Posts: 750
There's lots you and your partner can do to get yourselves into optimal health before conceiving. Preconception health care is so new in Ireland but Foresight in the UK have lots of good information on what you can both be doing in the coming months. http://www.foresight-preconception.org.uk/ Best of luck !! Tracy
neeov Posts: 4256
Have a nice holiday and relax! I had to cancel my holiday at 14 weeks as I was too ill, and I would love to have had one last great holiday with my husband.