Present for 2 1/2 year old boy...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

smurfette2212 Posts: 749
Looking for some help with a gift...and wasn't sure where to post, so figured OT was the best bet!! We're off to visit h2b's family in April, and we're in the process of buying presents for them. It's all fine, bar his 2 1/2 year old nephew. We've bought him some clothes, but I'd like to get something else...problem is that I don't know any other 2 1/2 year olds, so have no clue what would be acceptable as a gift? Is it too young for colouring books etc.?? I know I seem daft, but it's been forever since my younger brothers were that age, so I don't remember, and none of my friends have children yet... Any tips?? Thanks!!
originalwoowoo Posts: 867
My fella is nearly 3 and loves ANY present - cars, trucks, balls, lego, crayon/markers (but mammy might not appreciate them!) Perhaps you can find out what characters he likes and get something related e.g. fireman sam engine, bob the builder, mickey mouse, etc! Have a great trip!
Doll Face Posts: 3721
Bob the builder,Thomas the tank, Cars, Rory the racing car, 2 year olds are so easy to please so just head to smiths and pick up any of the above and he love you for it :o0
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="Doll Face":vfxz3c5k]Bob the builder,Thomas the tank, Cars, Rory the racing car, 2 year olds are so easy to please so just head to smiths and pick up any of the above and he love you for it :o0[/quote:vfxz3c5k] Yeah I agree 2 year olds will generally like any thing! Just tried to post you some links there to the Smyths web site but it wont work. If you go to www.toys.ie and search for Thomas it will bring up all the Thomas toys. I would suggest, Thomas bath time squirters, Thomas magnetic play set, Thomas sound book, Aqua draw mini mats thomas the tank engine Hope that helps :wv
Excellent ideas :) I think I will ring FMIL, as he spends most time with her, and find out about which characters are his current favourites. Thanks so much girls!! :thnk
ItsMrsBurkenow Posts: 665
My little nephew is that age and he is CRAZY about Thomas the tank engine, loves the wooden train set they have out. Is really into colouring or even loves things for the bath for bath time. Cars, trucks, trains any of these and you cant go wrong!! Or maybe even some DVD's- i know my nephew loves these??
Thanks...I'm now thinking anything with wheels is going to work!! Great suggestions *) Think I'll pop out and see what I can find, now that I have some idea where to begin!! Thanks again.