Present for Dads??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miss Indecisive Posts: 996
What's everyone buying their dads? I dont want to give him a gift in front of everyone but would like to buy him something as a thank you for all his help and guidance down through the years. We're paying foe the wedding ourselves so it's not a thank you for the wedding, just a thank you to him for being a special Dad. Anyone else got a gift for their dad or have you any suggestions?
Mrstobe10 Posts: 1793
think of getting mine a watch to wear on the day? i dont really know he is not really into gifts.... or maybe a wallet? Sorry I am not much help! :wv
thanks bridezilla09, he already has a watch and is not really the present type either. I just want to mark the occassion and get him something to mark the day... just can't think what!
marianf Posts: 5845
Cufflinks maybe?? My dad wouldnt have a pair of them and will need them for his shirt on the day.
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
I not got a clue. Am thinking maybe a picture of 2 of us with his horses in a nice frame. Dont no though
photo idea is quite nice, will have to try and get a pic soon as would like to give it to him before the wedding.
eddleMc Posts: 33
im getting my dad cufflinks with his name and the date of the wedding engraved on them. ordered them online @ withlovefrom.com. great site for ideas. they havnt arrived yet though, so hopefully the quality is good!
Mammy rigomad Posts: 958
I got him a signed Leeds jersey on eBay as he is a big fan and im going to get it framed and give it to him on the morning of the wedding!H2B has gotten cufflinks for all the lads and got my dad a pair too so thats something else too!