Present for the bride and groom from bridesmaids

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DaVita Posts: 78
Hi Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what kind of presents bridemaids should give the bride and groom for their wedding? I'm going to give money, just not sure how much and also want to give a present to the bride. Any ideas would be gratefully received!!
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
:wv If we're close to the B&G we would give 250 Euro.. I am presuming you are close, as you want to get the Bride a present aswell, maybe you could get her a fab braclet, and get it engraved, with something special betweeen you and her or maybe do up a personal hamper with stuff that she would like, maybe cd's, perfume, etc..
silver bullet Posts: 176
Hi there I had two bm's my sister and a close friend. Got money from my sister and her husband which was greatly appreciated. And from my friend she got us a gift voucher for the Galway Bay Hotel which was really lovely and something a little different. She said when the whole thing was over we'd probably need a couple days away and she's right I can't wait for our stay there. If you're giving money its totally up to you how much you want to give / afford if its a close friend no matter what you give it will be appreciated. HTH.
Alluring Posts: 929
You could leave a surprise in their room. Rose Petals on the bed, a nice bottle of champagne, some chocolates, maybe a couple of love heart helium balloons with their name on, soft bath robes, a picnic hamper etc... Can you image their faces when they finally get there? You could also leave a note & a little gift on the locker for them :lvs I'll be leaving some hints for my own bridesmaids :o0
Mrs Jones Posts: 566
my BM (sister) got a lovely photo album and put in loads of pictures from the hen night, and she also got me a digital photo frame to put the honeymoon photos onto
wannababba Posts: 1161
my sis has very kindly offered to pay for the wedding cars and she will also organise my hens and make sure I bring no money, cant say fairer than that :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Italy07 Posts: 5409
They are all lovely ideas, my BM doesn't seem to have a brain, as we got nothing not even a card!!!!!