Pressure and shooting pains in cervix + tiny red bleed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PrincessLea Posts: 436
Have had sort of shooting pains in my cervix the last few days as well as a lot of pressure, and since yesterday I've also had little blobs of bright red when I wipe... Should I be worried? Thought it might be the babas head engaging but wouldn't that be a bit early? Will be going to the physio in HS tomorrow morning so maybe I should pop down and see the midwife while I'm there... Any thoughts? *)
Wife09 Posts: 873
Yes you really should , Id at least give them a ring. Let them make the call on weather you should come in or not, they really dont mind.
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
Any blood call the hospital....Its prob perfectly normal but better safe!!When I was in labour and starting to dilate I was having what looked like EW mucus with little red blood specks through it and this was perfectly normal!! Bunny :o)ll :o)ll
bububaby Posts: 54
Any bleeding, especially red in colour you should call the midwife. They would prefer you did. Call them and let them make the choise of whether to see you.
PrincessLea Posts: 436
Thanks for your replies girls. I did call in to HS on my way home from work (walk past it every day!) and they kept me for 2 nights, ooops. In the end htey couldn't find anything wrong but better safe than sorry (and now I'm off to bed, haven't slept a wink for hte last two nights, had a bed next to the labour ward...) :eek
Wife09 Posts: 873
Glad you went in and everything is ok, sometimes these things just happen alright but better safe than sorry!! Hope you get a good rest now and mind yourself.