Pressure in Perenium

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Apologies in advance for the TMI. Hi, im 25 weeks pregnant and i have noticed in the last few days i am feeling a lot of pressure in my perenial area. My lady bits are very swollen and when i try to have a no.2 it feels like my perenium is bulging out. I just feel huge down there and after 9 hours sitting at my desk i feel a bit bruised. Is this just normal pressure from the baby? I have been doing my pelvic floor only in the last week too. Thanks.
Chicken Licken Posts: 873
Not sure really but I went to the doctor recently as had piles and he said that there is a lot of pressure down in the nether regions as the blood flow increases so much. Also with all the movement of the pelvis and weight of the uterus theres going to be a lot more pressure on everything down below. Maybe have a checkup if you are a bit worried. I know that from about 25 weeks or so with me everything felt really swollen. Worked wonders in the whoopee department if you catch my drift!! ;o)
Thanks CL, i think your right and its just everything is swollen and i do catch your drift :innocent:
theoracle Posts: 7664
It sounds like you might have developed piles. If you haven't had them before, you would not necessarily recognise the symptoms. I mention them because of the way you described the feeling when you go to the toilet. Unfortunately, they are a quite commion side effect of pregnancy. More info at:
[quote="hu101":1kyreeba]It sounds like you might have developed piles. If you haven't had them before, you would not necessarily recognise the symptoms. I mention them because of the way you described the feeling when you go to the toilet. Unfortunately, they are a quite commion side effect of pregnancy. More info at: [/quote:1kyreeba] Thanks, no i know i dont have piles, i used to have IBS quite bad and i had piles for 6 months. This pressure is more [u:1kyreeba]between[/u:1kyreeba] the 2 bits :-8 as opposed to being one or the other. Its sort of hard to explain. It feels like a weight pressing down but it just feels worse when i have a movement probably as im pressing down more on the area.
charli Posts: 5994
if its not piles as you say perhaps its just that your baby is head down (didnt you say your check up showed babs was head down) i would have thought it was unusual of the head-down baby to cause that much pressure early on, i would have thought it would be just last few weeks with weight of 5/6lb baby but with pregnancy i think anything is possible hope it eases for you :xox
Yeah Charli thats right, doc said baby is head down, but like you i thought you would only feel a lot of pressure when the head was engaged or something. I remember a girl here that was pregnant and she said the pressure was terrible towards the end she felt as if the baby's head was right between her legs. so i suppose thats what that feels like. Im not feeling near that amount of pressure its more when i go to the loo. Ill keep up my pelvic floor exercises as maybe its just them being strained from the extra weight. Thanks again girls. :thnk
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I was also going to say that pelvic floor exercises would help. Also might be no harm to do a bit of gentle massage down there with almond oil to help the skin stretch. At least you know the baby is in a good position for making his/her grand entrance!