price of car hire

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cat2009 Posts: 340
Does anyone no where you can get a wedding car for a resonable price :thnk . getting married in navan and getting mad quotes ...600 etc O:| . Wouldnt mind but from my house to the chuch and from church to reception is only approx 3miles round trip. Anyone no where i can get a good quote...wud love a vintage car :o)ll R is that generally how much they cost? Thanks :thnk Cat.x
Indiana Posts: 204
You could rent a really nice Merc, BMW or Audi from the regular car rental people like Enterprise, Hertz or Dollar.ie for a few days for 200euro or so (obviously not vintage but cheaper!)
Kazzy Posts: 264
I have a 1924 Vintage car (not sure of make) booked for the day its costing €350 and its only for about a 2 mile round trip, might go for a longer spin if we've time!
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
We are getting two vintage cars for 700 but that is down in Kerry so that is no good to you. keep looking though
jess08 Posts: 481
Most companies in Dublin seem to be charging about 400 for 1 car 700 for 2. 600 sounds a lot, I'd keep looking. Dont know anywhere in Navan though, sorry!! We decided to get a limobus so that will take us and all the bridal party. Its like a limo inside but with room for 12-14 people and only E500. We have a 40 min drive to the reception so we will all have a laugh togther. You never know we might even try out the kareokee after a few bottles of champers!!
Cat2009 Posts: 340
Thanks for the relpys ladies...appreciate it :thnk . Kazzy...where are you getting the thae car from...could you please pm me the details? Cat.x
Milly83 Posts: 3620
[quote="Kazzy":1aro6kil]I have a 1924 Vintage car (not sure of make) booked for the day its costing €350 and its only for about a 2 mile round trip, might go for a longer spin if we've time![/quote:1aro6kil] Mine is the same price for a Bentley. I was getting quotes of 500 for everywhere that I tried but eventually found one for this price. Delighted.
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
Hey Goldenbride, where did u get your bentley for 350 is cheap i got quoted €650 for a bentley (mad money). i'm in dublin.
herby Posts: 543
Hi girls im paying €400 for a blsack merc. Not even that pushed on it didint rally want vintage though. I did think of hiring from a rental company but you are not guarenteed to get a merc you can get any car in that class!! which could be a citroen c5
Ciara26 Posts: 52
I've booked a Rolls Royce for 300euro for the day, and that includes champagne and stops for photos etc. That is in Galway, but I only found that after ringing every number the hotel gave me and also lots more i found by googling etc. Stick with it, Im sure you'll find something reasonable, its just a pain!