Price of material gone up on wedding dresses!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sassyshoes Posts: 93
Hi ya Gals, B2B prepare yourselves for a shock if anyone that was looking at a dress months ago, and has now decided to go back and purchase it. Getting married next August, have been dress shopping for the last four months, fell in love with a dress ..but decided to ensure it was the 'right' one by going home, thinking about it, and continue to look around for a further few months, to hold back on any new collection for next year. However after a further two months of checking out other bridal collections, I decided to put a deposit down on this certain dress, only to be told that the designer had increase her prices due to increase of material prices?? Price was original £2.500 ..now it's £3,300?? Yes sterling, nearly fainted ! Have still gone for the dress, as it the one I love .. however am slightly pee off that the price has gone up. So beware B2B's if your ordering dresses, look out for the increase on material prices.. :eek
Bellisima Posts: 3583
What designer is it Sassyshoes?
Hi ya, It's Donna Salado Couture Collection (Designer based in UK)
teapotty Posts: 2085
'Tea potty' :spam: :action28 :action28 :action28
havemovedon Posts: 2013
[quote="sassyshoes":2ztz4nol]'Tea potty' :spam: :action28 :action28 :action28[/quote:2ztz4nol] ? She posted links claiming the cost of cotton and silk had gone up?
My mam is a dressmaker and at the minute I'm shopping around for fabric for my dress so I've been chatting to a lot of different fabric sellers about prices and a few of them have mentioned the increase in global prices and that the Pakistan floods had a major impact on global prices.
So sorry !!!!!!!!!!!! My apologies !! I just seen the links with no message on the bottom, sorry !! :duh:
No worries at all. I just saw there is a piece on the front of the Financial Times today about the price of cotton- interesting but bad for us brides.