Price of Veil

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sweets08 Posts: 958
Just curious girls whats the norm to pay for a veil? Got a price today of the veil that matches the dress I love and couldn't believe they were so expensive (€600) Am I just niave and thats what they cost or does that sound OTT? :thnk
sillysocks Posts: 1390
I got mine on eBay - they're around 20 eur on there and mine is perfect (elbow length, with crystals). A lot of girls on here have also used - bit more expensive but still cheaper than here. Definitely would recommend online and wouldn't pay 600 ( :eek ) for one. At the end of the day its only a piece of netting!
Chococat Posts: 1632
Veils are very expensive. You should keep an eye on the buy & sell.
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Mine's a two tier shoulder length, very plain from veilshop and it was €70 including shipping.
blueswallow Posts: 1244
That sounds very expensive. For a two-layer, full-length (almost to floor) veil covered in tiny pearls and crystals, I got quoted €250. In another shop, I got quoted €279 for one covered in crystals only.
katiemomma Posts: 2690
i paid 199euro in the bridal shop for a cathedral length veil with daimonds all over and hanging from the edges too. i thought that was expensive. 600 is crazy!!!!! [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:36mymxfg]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;24/st/20090807/e/Our+Wedding/dt/5/k/2fe1/event.png[/img:36mymxfg] [/url]
katiemomma Posts: 2690
meant to say the bridal shop where got my wedding dress
jogrady09 Posts: 143
i paid 170 for my veil it's cathedral length with cristals and pearls all over it i taught 170 was expensive but i loved it but there's no way i'd pay over 200 for one
NemoFish Posts: 2501
I think they are ridiculous prices, and will either be borrowing or going down the ebay route. There was a thread on here at some stage about making your own, and when you see how simple it really is to make one, and how much the material would cost you in hickeys or some place, you would feel sickened paying anything over 50!
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
Sweets - my veil is costing E500 or so. I dont really mind though, even though its a lot of money, its the matching veil to my dress and could only be ordered with the dress as its got all the same beading as the dress. I would have loved if I could have found it cheaper but I couldn't.