Primary school teacher leave in lieu

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babythoughts Posts: 130
Got my bfp today woo hoo super excited anyways I'm just wondering do primary school teachers still get leave in lieu for public holidays such as Christmas Day. Thanks in advance xx
me-ach Posts: 83
Nope! Nothing extra, 26 wks including all holidays :( Congratulations on the bfp
Aw thanks for getting back to me. That's a pain now but suppose 26 weeks is better than nothing
missh2011 Posts: 104
Not sure when you're due, but everyone is entitled to 20 days holidays plus 9 bank holidays. This includes Christmas, mid-term etc... For example, I don't have the full 29 days, so I'm entitled to 12 days holidays BUT they must be taken before your mat leave starts. Deirdre in INTO can explain it all clearly if you ring with dates etc.. Congrats!!!
Hopefully mid October all going well. Il def give Deirdre a ring thanks a million for that info xx
kiki30 Posts: 26
Thanks Missh 2011 I am due no 2 mid October but thought our extra 30 days were taken from us I will definitely be on to Deirdre in into and will be spreading the word if this is the case as any teacher I have spoken to are nor aware of this!
missh2011 Posts: 104
It has to be taken BEFORE mat leave starts, and I know if you are due after Easter you don't get any days, not sure about before Christmas, but think you would be! Best of luck :)
me-ach Posts: 83
Thanks. I will look into that too :)
partyon Posts: 77
Hi ya just wondering If you were talking to Deirdre as I'd love to know this too.. I'm due oct 8 so would love to finish sept 1st If possible??!!!!!
partyon Posts: 77
Hi ya just wondering If you were talking to Deirdre as I'd love to know this too.. I'm due oct 8 so would love to finish sept 1st If possible??!!!!!