Primary teacher mat leave questions

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jones Posts: 119
Hi still not sent off these forms must get done this week they are stressing me out at this stage! Just have a few questions if anyone can help! 1 If your maternity leave start in the summer august 23rd can you count back on those days at the end as in are they part of the 30 days you can take back or is it just hols starting from sep that you can count on at the end? 2 Did not have any luck with my GP in changing my dates slightly so just wondering can the consultant fill in your forms or must it be the GP? 3 Do you send on your MB10 form and application form to the dep seprately or together or does it matter? It's just I kinda need to get the MB10 in quickly time wise and could take a while to locate chairperson of BOM to sign app form! Any help much appreciated!
lifestooshort Posts: 2312
Ok for me, I am due the 30th of sept. So i officially start my leave the 16th of september. Any days holidays i have need to be taken before december so i'm going down to a 4 day week to use them up before the 16th of sept. My consultant signed my benefit form and told me to put in whatever due date I liked. [quote:3vowsuw4]3 Do you send on your MB10 form and application form to the dep seprately or together or does it matter?[/quote:3vowsuw4] What application form you talking about?? I just will send in my MB10 form. My company have signed this and i've arrange my leave with them directly. I hope i've been some help and slightly clear any clarification needed just ask. Thanks
newly_wed Posts: 1039
Hi jones, have just been thru this whole process so hope I can help! 1 If your maternity leave start in the summer august 23rd can you count back on those days at the end as in are they part of the 30 days you can take back or is it just hols starting from sep that you can count on at the end? [color=red:xg35f5zt]Yes, you can take the days in August back as part of your 30 days leave-in-lieu. So from 23rd-30th August, you will have 7 days which you will get back. [/color:xg35f5zt] 2 Did not have any luck with my GP in changing my dates slightly so just wondering can the consultant fill in your forms or must it be the GP? [color=red:xg35f5zt]consultant can fill it out for you.[/color:xg35f5zt] 3 Do you send on your MB10 form and application form to the dep seprately or together or does it matter? It's just I kinda need to get the MB10 in quickly time wise and could take a while to locate chairperson of BOM to sign app form! [color=red:xg35f5zt]I sent the 2 forms off together to the Dept, they kept the MB10 (they completed it and sent it on to Dept of social and family Affairs and I got a letter from them saying they have received it and were processing my application) but the Dept of Ed returned my application form for maternity leave to me with a note to say that my school should have received training in the new online claims system OCLS and that it was up to my school to enter my maternity leave through that system which my secretary did. It seems you no longer have to submit the application form for maternity leave as you did previously, its now done online through your school.[/color:xg35f5zt] Hope this helps! :wv
Thanks so much for all the info I was getting so confused! One last thing on the MB10 form do I sign to say make the payment to my employer and then the dep pay me? Thanks
newly_wed Posts: 1039
[quote="jones":3m9fk2rp] One last thing on the MB10 form do I sign to say make the payment to my employer and then the dep pay me? Thanks[/quote:3m9fk2rp] Yes, you do. Good luck with it all - it is very confusing and there's not enough info out there! Happy to help any way I can :wv
Thanks a mill you're a star!