primary teacher needing help with mat forms

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jones Posts: 119
Hi Rang the INTO today to ask about mat leave waiting for them to get back but maybe someone knows the answer! As it works out I will be due back to work on the 6th of April, which is during the easter hols my question is there will be ten of the 30 days hols that you are aloud to add on left so since it will end during hols will ten days of the easter hols be counted on to the end of my mat leave or will my unpaid leave begin straight way on the 6th? I hope I am explaining myself properly the whole thing gets so confusing! Would really appreciate any help! Thanks O:|
bride22 Posts: 359
As far as i know from when i filled mine out ure holidays go on to the end of ure maternity leave so add ure holidays ure due to the 6th and u get ure new date. I had 4 dys to add with a bank holiday and xmas ie; changing me from Feb 2nd to Feb 6th. Hope this helps. Wages and salaries should be able to help you anyway as they might be well used to these forms
*coolaboola* Posts: 374
Hi jones, I'm sorry that I don't have the answer to your query but I'm trying to sort out my mat. leave at the moment as well... I found that emailing the INTO is a much quicker and easier way to get a reply. The adddress of the person I was dealing with is She is really nice and reassuring, and knows her stuff re dates, entitlements, etc! HTH! Best of luck to you! :wv
newly_wed Posts: 1039
Jones, if I am interpreting your question right,the answer is that any holidays which fall within then 30 days holiday leave-in-lieu that u take after you 26 weeks are not counted as part of your leave-in-lieu. So in your case if your 26 weeks are up during easter hols, then your 30 days holiday leave-in-lieu will not begin until after the easter hols are over. Or If you'll have used some of your 30 days in lieu up to the easter hols, then u stop counting days in lieu over the easter hols and then continue your days owed in lieu after the easter break. Thats what info the INTO gave me. Hope this makes sense and helps! :wv
newly_wed Posts: 1039
[quote="*coolaboola*":3p4reebw]Hi jones, I'm sorry that I don't have the answer to your query but I'm trying to sort out my mat. leave at the moment as well... I found that emailing the INTO is a much quicker and easier way to get a reply. The adddress of the person I was dealing with is She is really nice and reassuring, and knows her stuff re dates, entitlements, etc! HTH! Best of luck to you! :wv[/quote:3p4reebw] God, u were lucky coolaboola. i was also given an email address of a girl in the Department. I have emailed her twice and never got a reply,although she did ring me after my first email and every question I asked she replied "em, thats a very good question - I'm not sure. I've only been doing this since Jan! Let me check with someone" O:| I sent her an email a couple of wks ago asking her to clarify if I had worked out my mat leave correctly as its so goddamn complicated,and never received a reply which I find so frustrating!! Might have to try your girl instead!!!! :o0
*coolaboola* Posts: 374
haha newly_wed! I was delighted with antoinette alright. although i emailed them about a different query recently (to the geneeral INTO address) and the person just rang me back with teh same attitude that you encountered! SO frustrating! I find email so much handier. You do have much more of a handle on the ins and outs of it though, i'm pretty much dependednt on INTO to let me know what it's all about! My brain is not functioning well at all these days... :o0