Primary teachers....advice please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bbeg Posts: 173
I will be finishing my post grad in primary teaching in May and so will hopefully get a job in September. We are currently building a house and I will be getting married in July '09. Do you think it would be too much to try to do my dip year on top of all that or would I be as well off to leave it until the following year i.e. after house built and wedding over! Would there be too much work involved to be able to manage all three at the same time? Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks O-O
NemoFish Posts: 2501
Hi Dip year isn't really that bad. Plans have to be done every week and long term plans 2 or 3 times a year (My friend did hers per term, I did mine from Sept to Christmas, and Christ to summer hols) Inspections are not too bad and becasue the inspectors are completley overworked there aren't too many - 2 so far, and i already have my mini dip done. I would reccomend you get it over and done with asap. No point in dragging it out. PS PM me if you want all my tips on getting a job!
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
yep id second getting ur dip completed asap, im doing it this year and we got married at Christmas and ive been teaching 4 years :-8 but that was because i wasnt qualified my first year, after i did post grad i wanted to teach for a year without doing my Irish (SCG) as i trained in UK, then I did my Irish and now the Dip You didnt say if u've trained in UK or here cause if u trained in UK u'll have to do ur Irish first
Bbeg Posts: 173
Thanks Seashelly and CBB for that. I do want to get it out of the way asap but was afraid I'd mess it up if I had too much on at the same time. It's probably like the post grad course - you hear its the worst thing ever, so difficult, and when you actually go and do it its grand! CBB - I'm training in Ireland so I will have Irish done. Oral next week in fact! :eek Seashelly I've pm'ed you. Thanks girls, really appreciate the advice - think I'll stop looking for excuses and just do it! Good luck with the rest of ye'rs.