primary teachers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
No, hadn't even thought about it tbh! Like the idea though, although things are so hectic at the moment it might be put on the long finger for next year. I always foget how manic this time of the year gets. :hyper:
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
[quote="SorrentoWife":2xzw20s0]I'm all go with ideas from the course and tbh want to try as many of them out as I can before I have to give the course in the summer to other teachers.[/quote:2xzw20s0] Feel free to pass any (or all!) of them this way if you want a guinea pig! I'm heading to infants next year so any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated too!! [quote="SorrentoWife":2xzw20s0]Nothing about how bare it was or how they had no facilities, they were all so jealous of the open space![/quote:2xzw20s0] Always amazes me what the children pick up on!
snarf Posts: 104
That sounds like a great idea will definitely put it on my to do list for next year. Just one thing- does the DES web filter allow twitter in schools? Will try it out in the morning.....
streaks Posts: 3592
Brilliant idea! Wouldn't have thought of this, wouldn't be suitable for my class in particular but will def pass it onto the other teachers. Great idea of tweeting foreign schools, love it!
snarf Posts: 104
Excellent will get onto it!
christmasbride2012 Posts: 478
Wouldn't have thought of using Twitter at all-not sure if we can access it from school though. I've used Skype alright-we skyped a school in Calcutta. The kids loved it-it was amazing what they asked each other. Not sure what class I have next year yet but it sounds great. [quote="vinoqueeno":27h2okpz] Feel free to pass any (or all!) of them this way if you want a guinea pig! [/quote:27h2okpz] +1 Any other tips from that course??
luckyladee Posts: 2550
Great idea. I'm only just qualified so just subbing at the minute but when I *fingers crossed* get a job in September, I'll definitely give this a go.
DollyP Posts: 955
Hi guys, I'm not a teacher(or a parent yet) but I just want to say how fantastic it is to see teachers engaging in things like this. When I have kids I hope they have teachers like ye O-O