Menu

Prince of Wales Athlone for Hen

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gettingstarted Posts: 157
Hi ladies i put this in here as thought i might get a bit more response. Have decided on Athlone for my hen and thinking of staying in the Prince of Wales, as its central and no hassle with getting taxis home etc. Does anyone know what the restaurant is like in it, was thinking of having dinner there maybe on the friday night as only a few of us going friday and rest of the crew joining us on the saturday. I know from reading previous posts they dont allow you to dress up in their nightclub but that doesnt bother me because we can go elsewhere. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
midnightqueen Posts: 582
We were There in March 2008 for a hen and we had a great weekend. The food was lovely & so were the rooms.
SparkleX Posts: 1057
Hi Gettingstarted I am also considering this for my hen next year. They really seem to cater for hen nights. I'm thinking of going to the Day Spa - Mingala early on, and having cocktail lessons before dinner! They will also arrange make up lessons, a slumber party for your group one of the nights, or even a boat trip! Sounds like fun :)
Hey girls thanks for your replies, its good to hear other peoples opinions. but i know my crowd would be happy anywhere :o)ll
bump :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
cannotwait Posts: 34
I was on a hen here and cannot speak highly enough of the place. The only thing was that we had our cocktail lessons before the dinner which wasnt a gr8 idea- sobered us all up and made us kinda sleepy! they gave us a vip section in the nightclub also which was a bit if fun!