Princess Diana

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Playful Posts: 638
I just can't believe its been tens years, I still remember my mam ringing me and crying down the phone.
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Think everyone remembers what they did that day. I woke up on my friends bedroom floor with the worst hangover of my life (i was 17!) and we turned on the news and couldnt believe it.
Playful Posts: 638
[quote="Joleigh":3pmdkb87]Think everyone remembers what they did that day. I woke up on my friends bedroom floor with the worst hangover of my life (i was 17!) and we turned on the news and couldnt believe it.[/quote:3pmdkb87] I was the same I think I got home about 6 in the morning and my mam rang about 8 crying, at the time I was like go away mam but when i got up i cryed all weedend looking at sky news
clucky Posts: 26471
I just remember the fella on the morning news on BBC - his voice was breaking And Tony Blair's speech but the funeral had me in floods
Senorita Posts: 3413
I was in my bf (hubby now) single bed, when his father burst in the door shouting "Di's dead, Di's dead). I nearly died myself, trying to cover up :-8 Just one of the many morto situations I have found myself in, with the in-laws :-8 :o0
Princess Aurora Posts: 115
i know its scary!!! i remember sitting up watching it on sky news crying my little heart out, i was only 12!!!! my little cosuin was born on the same day also!!!
blablablabride Posts: 489
I was living in america at the time as an au pair..... all the americans were devastated too....... we were at a house party and with the time difference the party was in full swing when everyone was crowded around the tv watching it in total drunken devastation........ So sad..... She was sooooo beautiful O:o)
Little Kitty Posts: 914
OK it's all very sad and I remember when she died and it was very upsetting but at the risk of getting lynched!! Am I the only one who is sick of all the constant barrage of Diana books, Diana documentaries, Diana conspiracy theories and to be frank sick of Diana? Honestly it's all very well to remember her on the anniversary of her death but otherwise just let the woman rest.
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
It was so so sad. It was one of those days that you'll always remember where you were - a bit like 9/11. Can't believe it was 10 years ago
TokenMale Posts: 6845
I was in Chicago for a J1 summer, and had just returned from an Aerosmith concert when I heard the news. I actually wished I was at home so I could watch the BBC.