private in coombe with garda medical aid

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luca1 Posts: 2
hi wondering if anyone can help me lm having baby in coombe under private consultant in coombe and have only recently found out that l would have to pay extra for accommodation as cover only allows for semi private accommodation , to be honest this has caused me sleepless nights as we only have one income my dh and money is very tight like everybody it would be over 1200euro extra on top of private costs etc , l have spoken to them in accounts and have been insistent that l have to stay in a private room and have to pay the difference
lush11 Posts: 2877
Im also with the garda medical aid but opted for semi private in the rotunda. Like you finances are tight and i dont think i ever even contemplated paying to having a baby. Had heard the rotunda wont see you without 1200 up front and that i wouldnt get it back so rang the rotunda to enquire and receptionist said not to worry the medical aid covers this. However your going private and it specifiacally says it only covers for semi private so i'd say you'll only get the price up to semi private rates.