Private scan in Dublin - where to go?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Where is a good clinic to go for a private scan? I've only heard of ultrasounddimensions in Blackrock, which wouldn't be the handiest for us. Any info would be appreciated! Only 5 wks gone but want to try to get a scan at 12 weeks and probably won't manage to do that at the hospital as 12 weeks will be xmas day!
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Charlemont clinic do private scans, Charlemont Clinic, Charlemont Mall, Dublin, D2, Tel: 4188400
[quote="Hopefully07":44ekci5g]Charlemont clinic do private scans, Charlemont Clinic, Charlemont Mall, Dublin, D2, Tel: 4188400[/quote:44ekci5g] :thnk :thnk :thnk
July75 Posts: 9
Hi Sphynx Paula Tunney does them at her clinics in Rathgar (beside Mount Carmel) and in Swords. They cost €120 but if you are attending for a 3D4D scan later on they give you a discount on the 3D4D. I've attended her in Rathgar for last baby but went to the one in Swords last night (due in June) coz its nearer. We heard the heart beat, got loads of pics of beany, and she gave me a report for my doctor. Their website is www.babyscan.ie but there is very little on that about the early preg scan. The Swords no. is 01 2897605. You'll get the Rathgar no. on their website. They also have a plase in Cork. I found them really nice and would highly recommend. hth and congrats btw
Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
I found the Beacon Clinic in Sandyford really good, got a scan at 9 weeks and could see baby clear as day, waving its little arms around and everything :lvs :lvs :lvs It cost €100, well worth it!
Woodstock Posts: 1565
Really depends on where you're based.. We're in West Dublin/Meath border and have just booked our ultrasound with Femplus (they're in Blanchardstown) This is their address: [url:fn043gy6]http://www.femplus.ie/index.html[/url:fn043gy6] and they charge €100 for the scan.
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
Can recommend Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock, we had ours there a few weeks ago, they open 7days a week too so its handy. Also, you get 20% off if you go back for a 4d scan later on in pregnancy. Got 3 pics of our little one and got to hear the heartbeat :lvs oh they charge €135 for the early scan!
lilyprimrose Posts: 15
July75 think we might have crossed paths last night! I got my early scan in Bab*sc*n in Swords last night too! You prob saw me holding my sides trying not to wet myself before the scan :-8 ! Thought it was great, such a relief, m/c'ed twice in the last three years, so the reassurance of the scan was great, and it turns our my dates were out by a week, so one less week worrying until i get to meet my beanie! Cost €120 which I thought was fairly reasonable for some peace of mind! You get a discount on the 3D4Dscan later on as well, don't think I'll be able to resist after seeing my bf's pics of her babs, the likeness at 26 weeks is unbelievable!
lilyprimrose Posts: 15
Sorry spynx, forgot to mention that you can get the early scans done from 8-14 weeks, so either side of Xmas should be grand for you. prob best to wait till afterwards, so you can see that bit more on the scan...
Thanks girlies - loads of options there! :thnk