Private Scans

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Peggy Sue Posts: 638
Just got my first hospital appointment date today and I'll be 18 weeks at that stage. I remembber reading a post before about getting a private scan done, just to rest my mind. Can anyone reccommend a clinic and what's the procedure. I'm totally clueless!
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
i went to MD ultrasound on South William St, 160 euro, couldnt have been nicer would recommend 110% xx
newbie24 Posts: 530
I went to Mount Carmel... €180 for the scan and they were great.. I think the Beacon also do one... Not sure though if your outside of Dublin!
Thanks ladies. No i'm not far from Dublin. I 'll give these a call. Is there one in the Swords area?
babydream Posts: 109
I went for one today at the Femplus clinic in Blanch. I am almost 10 weeks and after m/c, needed reassurance that all was ok. Little bean is 3cm long and we could see the heart beating - AMAZING. It was €100 and it was the best money we ever spent. Good luck x
beth100 Posts: 183
Can I just ask Peggy Sue, why is your first scan not till 18 weeks? Is there a backlog? I have been delaying calling (little bit superstitious)...but maybe I need to make the appt now (am 8.5 weeks gone)??
Sassy Posts: 2269
Peggysue there is a clinic in swords plaza that do private scans. Its attached to Dr Paula Tunney clinic in mountcarmel but you should be able to get her number in the book. beth100 as for the backlog in hospital, yeah i know in holles street there is quite a back log. My friend booked in there 2 weeks ago and couldn't get an appointment until she was 16wks and she was 7wks when she rang.
mummy bear Posts: 3824
[quote="beth100":i12054h8]Can I just ask Peggy Sue, why is your first scan not till 18 weeks? Is there a backlog? I have been delaying calling (little bit superstitious)...but maybe I need to make the appt now (am 8.5 weeks gone)??[/quote:i12054h8] Beth100 there is also a backlog in the rotunda public too, my neighbour is attending there and wont be seen till 19th Dec and she will be 22wks :eek baby boom me thinks
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Some hospitals dont give you a scan until around 18 weeks - nothing to do with backlogs, just their policy,
Beth 100. Yes there is a backlog and that was the earliest I could get. Booked in for private scan on Saturday in the Paula Tunney clinic in Swords. I'd advise ringing the hopspital to book yours