Probe after twin babies suffer head & chest injuries

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LJMom Posts: 1100
God did you hear this its terrible! A THREE-month-old boy was fighting for his life last night and his twin brother remained stable in hospital as gardai investigated how both sustained serious head and chest injuries. http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 00010.html
soulful Posts: 1697
hi yes saw something about it on the news today on RTE, made me sick to my stomach, poor babies xxxxxx :o(
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Something very, very strange about this incident, even the way the paper are reporting it - the inclusion of the father coming from a "very large extended family". The poor babies, I hope so much that they pull through and never again face whatever it was that caused their horrible injuries.
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
I find that article to be very strangely written. To me it sounds like there was some sort of dreadful accident in the home - like a bookshelf fell on them or something. I might be wrong, but it sounds like there was an accident and the paper is trying to put an "abuse" spin on the events. Also, I find this quote really odd "The father is from a very large extended family in the Cork area." What has that got to do with anything?
Twirl Posts: 5598
I hope the poor little pets will be ok. Heard it on the news on the way home yesterday evening, so sad and they are only 3 months old their poor little heads :o( It does sound funny the situation but the only details i heard was that a 999 call was made, which to me made it sound like someone else did it and not the parents.
soulful Posts: 1697
[quote="cabbagehead":jmrpv0k2]I find that article to be very strangely written. To me it sounds like there was some sort of dreadful accident in the home - like a bookshelf fell on them or something. I might be wrong, but it sounds like there was an accident and the paper is trying to put an "abuse" spin on the events. Also, I find this quote really odd "The father is from a very large extended family in the Cork area." What has that got to do with anything?[/quote:jmrpv0k2] Me too, find it peculiar that they would care to mention his extended family? :eek
GoldStar Posts: 775
[quote="cabbagehead":mhtk573x]I find that article to be very strangely written. Also, I find this quote really odd "The father is from a very large extended family in the Cork area." What has that got to do with anything?[/quote:mhtk573x] I agree..... What has the parents age or how long they have been together got to do with anything.. I hope the two poor pets will be ok :lvs
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="LJMom":oiogi8qk]God did you hear this its terrible! A THREE-month-old boy was fighting for his life last night and his twin brother remained stable in hospital as gardai investigated how both sustained serious head and chest injuries. http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 00010.html[/quote:oiogi8qk] I would imagine that this would have to be investigated. Poor little things.
randomusername Posts: 2134
I hate speculation on things like this but we were in the hospital yesterday and one of the nurses was telling my mam about this little boy and she said they're from a travelling family. I suspect that's what the paper were getting at.
DaisyB Posts: 1708
thats exactly what i thought when i saw the ''large extended family'' that they were from the traveling community... god its just awful, thinking about it is making me feel sick, the poor little boys x