Menu

Problem contacting videographer

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

poochieB2B Posts: 44
Hey girls, Need to rant so apologies in advance. Got married in the new year. Booked a guy to record some video messages for us, nothing else , just video messages from our guests the evening of the wedding. About 2 hours work.Was in contact with him after the honeymoon to say we were home and just to check in and see if he could tell us when we might get the dvd. Wasn't expecting to get it then.He said he would get out the dvd asap. Then I emailed a few weeks later for an update and heard nothing back. Almost a month went by ,some phonecalls and emails later and nothing ! Then I got an email in March to say he was on hols for a month ( grand, but put an out of office in ur work email and set up out of office voicemail ). Anyways I was grand with that. And heard nothing for another few weeks. Tried emailing and emailing again and nothing for another 3 weeks. then got an email in early April, all apologies and said they were working on it and would get it out asap.Was supposed to get it 2 weeks ago and nothing !! Sent 2 emails this week and phoned and nothing!!! I am at my wits end to be honest as it has been 4 months. If it was a dvd of the whole wedding day I'd understand but it isn't.And he was paid in advance ( I know, I know, shouldn't have done this, but he was paid in advance by accident on the day, money was for the dj but I labelled the envelope with Videographer ) I hope im not being unreasonable but had to rant with some other brides or brides to be. Thank for listening :o(
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Hi poochieB2B, you're not being any bit unreasonable! It's May now completely understandable you'd like to see the dvd of your guests and all the lovely things they had to say to you and your hubby! Could you call in person to his place of work! May get you a result quicker. Good Luck with it!
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Does this guy work alone or is he from a company of a few people? I would either report him to the consumer agency authority or if he's from a big company, write a letter to him (or email) and cc head office. I had a similiar problem with a photography company in swords. Me and my 2 best mates got pictures taken in January last year, was only meant to take 6 weeks (even so, 6 weeks to print pictures??), but took 9months and lots of emails, calls and calling into the premises itself. I eventually wrote a strongly worded letter to them and the head office and promptly received the pictures with a bottle of champagne and apology. Hope you have some luck in coming weeks hun
Hi Dublin_angel 1 Thank you so much for the advise.It is def a small business . My sister just tried to contact them there but no luck. She is asking a work colleague to drive past the premises ( as it is up the country ) just to see if it is ' still in business ' just for our information. If we don't hear anything back by Monday we will either take a drive up or write a very strong letter . Thanks so much and delighted you got your photos ( and champagne !! )
Hi Dublin_angel 1 Thank you so much for the advise.It is def a small business . My sister just tried to contact them there but no luck. She is asking a work colleague to drive past the premises ( as it is up the country ) just to see if it is ' still in business ' just for our information. If we don't hear anything back by Monday we will either take a drive up or write a very strong letter . Thanks so much and delighted you got your photos ( and champagne !! )