Problem with wedding band, what to do?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

roisinbunny Posts: 419
Hey Wollies, I'm in a bit of a conundrum.It's just under 8 months to the big day and I need to get a new wedding band, for a reason that I won't make public just yet. The one's I had booked, I put a large deposit on them :o( Do I have any rights to get my money back? (I would imagine they'll be very embarassed when I confront them about the issue anyway and wouldn't want the bad feedback) And No. 2 - do I have any chane of finding another wedding band in the Mid West for September ? :o( I'm kind of getting very stressed now..... :compress
teapotty Posts: 2085
You'll always get another band- just start making enquiries and you'll get someone. There's no way to say if you're entitled to your deposit back without knowing the reason you don't want them anymore- have they actually broken the terms of your contract or have you just changed your mind because you don't think they're very good anymore? You could tell the full story without mentioning the name of the band. Go on :o)ll
Spelling
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Its a poor attitude alright - do you think he can do a good job though? If he can do the job and act professional well then there's not necessarily a big problem - although he hasnt actually acted professional thus far! Im sure you'd get another band - why not post in vendors and suppliers?
Daisywall Posts: 577
oo yeah, very annoying to hear comments like that and a bit hurtful, especially if you were there before him!!! What a w****r! However, I'm not sure he's broken any contract by saying it, so you'll have to be careful
nelle Posts: 552
Hi roisinbunny, To be honest, I think it all does depend on the reason. Only way to know is if you ask them straight out!!! Good Luck!
[quote="Mrs PR":2v1mxogk]Its a poor attitude alright - do you think he can do a good job though? If he can do the job and act professional well then there's not necessarily a big problem - although he hasnt actually acted professional thus far! Im sure you'd get another band - why not post in vendors and suppliers?[/quote:2v1mxogk] Well I suppose it comes down to trust at the end of the day. If I was working in the AIB for example and I was reading customers in front of other customers, you'd have no faith in me, you'd think I was a complete bi**h and no matter how hard I tried to sweet talk you, you'd know what I was really like. I think that's what it's like for me. I was really looking forward to the music and discussing it with them and now all I'm thinking is, they don't really want to be there. Sounds silly, but this day means a lot to us like all you wollies. I just don't want him singing "our song" knowing what he's really thinking - grad the cash and leg it.. They are good but if I'm honest there were a few warning signs in our initial face to face chat. I think I'd prefer a good Westlife CD instead of them, the way I feel right now.. :o(
nelle Posts: 552
Sorry, the other posts were only added after I opened link in new tab. Not sure you'd be due the deposit back. But, admittedly, if you told that story and mentioned the band they'd be pretty embarassed. Have to admit, I'm a mid-west bride too and worried it's not the band we have booked ...
teapotty Posts: 2085
Awh that's terrible- I'd be really really annoyed I have to say. I would call him up, tell him what you heard him say and see what he has to say for himself. Tell him you would like your deposit back and if he refuses then I would tell him you will out him on WOL which will do a good job at damaging his reputation. I would imagine that if he has any cop on and cares for more business then he will hand you back your deposit and apologise profusely. In fact if he really cared, he should promise to still do your wedding but for a knock down price- that would be the only way to truly save his reputation I think. By the way I'd see if you could provisionally book another band before you go cancelling this guy- however annoyed you might be over this, you obviously liked the band when you picked them and it's better to have them than to have no band at all.
Bellisima Posts: 3583
[quote="roisinbunny":1aosbtle][quote="Mrs PR":1aosbtle]Its a poor attitude alright - do you think he can do a good job though? If he can do the job and act professional well then there's not necessarily a big problem - although he hasnt actually acted professional thus far! Im sure you'd get another band - why not post in vendors and suppliers?[/quote:1aosbtle] Well I suppose it comes down to trust at the end of the day. If I was working in the AIB for example and I was reading customers in front of other customers, you'd have no faith in me, you'd think I was a complete bi**h and no matter how hard I tried to sweet talk you, you'd know what I was really like. I think that's what it's like for me. I was really looking forward to the music and discussing it with them and now all I'm thinking is, they don't really want to be there. Sounds silly, but this day means a lot to us like all you wollies. I just don't want him singing "our song" knowing what he's really thinking - grad the cash and leg it.. They are good but if I'm honest there were a few warning signs in our initial face to face chat. I think I'd prefer a good Westlife CD instead of them, the way I feel right now.. :o([/quote:1aosbtle] You dont sound silly. I can understand where you're coming from. Only thing is I guess you have to appreciate that while some of the suppliers you've booked may love their jobs, for others its a way of paying the bills. He sounds like a tool though to say that kind of stuff in front of someone who has booked him though...