Problems sleeping

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

swissgirl Posts: 2301
Does anyone else have problems sleeping? I normally sleep like something hibernating but recently I cant sleep and Im tossing and turning. Im averaging about 3 hours a night on a good night. Anyone else like this ?
fantac Posts: 4109
hi sg, i was like that for a few weeks around 7-10 weeks, reckoned it was just so much going on that my body was going wild. i found a good 20 minute walk, then an hour of tv with hot milky drink and cold bedroom really helped get me off to sleep. how are you doing otherwise? all good? are you sick?
minnieme Posts: 6
Hi For me it was trying to get comfy in bed. I bought the dreamgenii from www.kidsarefunk.com and it has worked a treat for me. I now get a full nights sleep and dh is also happy as I am not waking him up with my tossing.
Hi there, Thanks for the responses. No not really sick though definitely uncomfortable - I feel kind of full all the time (literally like Ive been shovelling food down eventhough I havent eaten) - but when I eat then Im starving - so Im eating a lot. The sleeping is effecting my work which is a nightmare but I guess Im lucky it isnt worse. How are you airyfairy? minime what is a dream genii? On the website it just said it was out of the product? x sg
minnieme Posts: 6
Hi The dreamgennii is a support pillow that you can use at night. I find it great as my bump is quite big and it supports it and my legs. It can be used as a feeding pillow when the baby is born. I have ordered a second one for my cousin who is due in December. I ordered it on Thursday I know they are out of stock at the moment but she told me they are due in on Monday or tuesday of next week. :o)ll
tras Posts: 1460
For me, I'm sleeping okay- ish, but am waking up 6/7 times a need, either to go to the toilet or because I'm parched!! Am drinking more than 2 and a half litres a day so don't know why. Poor hubby's head is wrecked!
[quote="tras":2tkcu4n1]For me, I'm sleeping okay- ish, but am waking up 6/7 times a need, either to go to the toilet or because I'm parched!! Am drinking more than 2 and a half litres a day so don't know why. Poor hubby's head is wrecked![/quote:2tkcu4n1] Yes thats it for me too, Im am absolutely parched at night, like as if Ive been drinking wine all night and a hangover is starting. It does seem to be a "symptom" anyway so that is comforting!
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I sleep with a pillow between my legs and its so comfortable. I am still getting up 2-3 times a night to pee, it doesn seem to matter if i cut down liquids for a few hours beforehand and i was just ending up thirsty at night . Perhpas try some hot milk or hot chocolate made with milk before bed, and sure if it doesnt work at least you are getting more calcium.
tras Posts: 1460
Good idea, notlongtogo. Hot chocolate sounds yummy!!!
oirish Posts: 1541
oh cool I thought it was just me :D I'm getting to sleep ok - fter about half n hour or so of tossing and just generally not feeling comfy - and the cold feet too bothers me - my friend gave me a really cute hot water bottle for my birthday well it's got good use the last few days!! then I wake up at least once for a toilet run and the thirst - I feel like i've been out the night before drinking and smoking - you know that hangover where you wake up and literally down an entire pint of water ?? that's me - oh , and it's bang on 5am - like clockwork every morning :o0 i'm managing with the water at 5am but i'm waking up hungry so soon i'm going to have to give in and snack at that time hehe :) ps. hot chocolate is really good to help with sleepy time ;)