Procrastination - what you are you putting off?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

peonybaby Posts: 299
Im an awful procrastinator and I was wondering if other wollies suffer from it. Right now Im supposed to be doing a Level A psychometrics portfolio Ive been putting for wait for it... 2 and a half years! I just got the green light from the company that they will score it from me, even though Im years over the deadline, and I should be typing away at it, happy to get the thing done. But no here I am an WOL viewing active topics! Who are the go getter Wollies out there, tell me how you get things done, I need your help!
tassajara Posts: 723
Doing up end of term reports for school, they're just so tedious and are due by Thursday morning! :o( No tips for you, I'm the biggest procrastinator there is!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
There is a huge pile of ironing in the kitchen, hence I am on the couch not going into the kitchen so I don't have to look at it!
peonybaby Posts: 299
Well Ive got alot there done now in the last two hours. Going to stop now, and give myself a break! Dont know how I got through 4 years of college part-time while working full-time, Im well out of this lark, weekends are now for surfing the sofa and putting the feet up. Think I got so fed up of it all I couldnt bear doing any more academic stuff and absolutely allergic to the desk here in our box room! The internet is also the worst distraction! Thanks girls for sharing. Mari yay Im an iron as you go girl so never get through the pile of ironing! Tassajara I heard a great saying the other day, how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time! Wish I could take me own advice..:)
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
Giving up smoking. Have been saying I'd give up for the last 3 years but I just can't seem to set a date to do it. Now I want to TCC so this should be a big motivator for me. So annoyed with myself for not doing it years ago.
the bees knees Posts: 755
I put off doing loads of things...... Putting it on the long finger so to speak...... from little things like the ironing , making phone-calls or appointments.....decorating our bedroom,... And the worse thing is i drive myself mad doing it and get really annoyed with myself.... @ Miss Farenheit the one thing I have managed to do is give up the cigs.....was forever saying id give them up.... H2b gave them up over a year ago, and is totally flying so Im now a NON smoker with 9 weeks..... it takes all your will power but I know it will be soooooooooooooo worth it in the end..... Besides the health benefits, Ive managed to save €70 a week which is been put into our honeymoon fund.....
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Picking out my wedding photos for the album- haven't got the interest or energy to think about it (only cos all my energy is focused on my little baba! :lvs )
Littlebo Posts: 2598
[quote="Bluebear":bdbnavhb]Picking out my wedding photos for the album- haven't got the interest or energy to think about it (only cos all my energy is focused on my little baba! :lvs )[/quote:bdbnavhb] Me too and I haven't even got a Baba. Your excuse is worthy, my laziness is not! I'm married a year and over 2 months and I still haven't even started. I also want to do an evening course for at least the last two years and again I missed the January boat and I'm kicking myself as usual. Smoking at this stage is just another one on the list. After writing this down I am kicking myself. I need a good KICK.
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
[quote="Mrs Fahrenheit":38mtyraa]Giving up smoking. Have been saying I'd give up for the last 3 years but I just can't seem to set a date to do it. Now I want to TCC so this should be a big motivator for me. So annoyed with myself for not doing it years ago.[/quote:38mtyraa] Mrs F (LOVE the name change!), you're back! Hope your big day was fab! Looking forward to your Report ;o) hint, hint! I have been putting off a dentist visit for a chipped filling since October and I'm finally going today...DREADING it...
Elphaba Posts: 741
Cleaning the back room for the baby, putting the dry clothes in the hotpress rather then leaving the pile on dining room table!